2L Blacktop Zetec Turbo

DeanRudkin

Guest Turboz

At 280 you'll be twisting the crank as well as snapping con rods. Hope it does hold up for you there's nothing worse than sending a rod through the block. As for putting the power down you'll be fine with a plated lsd (I can't get on with a torque bias diff like quafe atb) and some sticky tyres like r888's. I've had to swap to Sierra 9" diff with wave track lsd as the 7.5" diff is only good for around 500bhp had to chop the rear end up to fit the thing in though.

Guest lotusPaul

I hope it stands up..standard is 140 give or take, so to have rods that cant stand double the bhp/torque/combustion pressures, would seem to me to be under engineered.

And to snap a crank at that reasonably low level, well.!!

Back on point. Its well known that the rods are good for 7k. Add ARP and your up too 7.5k. Balance them and whole bottom end is good for 8k plus. BUT at 8k plus the limiting factor is not the bottom but now the valve train. You need bigger followers for a start, lighter valves and springs etc.

Without going down a rabbit hole of no return.

Silver or black top bottom end is generally ok up too 7500rpm with ARP bolts.

Bhp wise cranks 350

Boost wise rods will take 1.5bar or 21psi

To achieve this the setup must be done correctly. Its the det that will reduce the lifespan and destroy the components.

This means rolling road time and quality oils and fuel.