Windscreen Fitting!

Jon Green

Hi Guy's,

Im having a problem shaping the windscreen supports to the right shape. Richard makes it look very easy! Its as if my windscreen is too wide...I have it pushed right back to the demister vents.

Here's a couple of pictures!

post-5-1136728186.jpg

Jon

Your brackets do seem to be mounted a little too low on the screen. Mine are about 1" lower than the video recommends (Richard suggests that the straight bend in the bracket, which runs parallel to the top of the side panel is level with the bottom of the windscreen frame. Mine is about an inch below.

I would guess that the first bracket I shaped took about 2 hours, and the second one slightly less. There is no compromise in this; the time taken directly equates to the finished result. They are infuriating, though and I actually had a break of about three weeks halfway through bending the first one! The hardest part is getting the final twist in the top of the pillar. Very difficult to do this without bu**ering up the the bends you have got 'just right' to follow the bonnet curve.

Keep at it, it will come in the end! ;)

....  No where near as good as yours Enforcer!!

O you should see the rest of his hood

its a realy good build .The best ive seen , well done mate

Jon keep at it its a bitch of a job

still not happy with mine,its on the list of things to do ?

Duncan

:D nice one enforcer, I spent ages on mine removing and refitting several times before I was happy, worth it though, I found the best fit with the screen about 20mm in front of the vent cutouts,keep bending. <_<

enforcer, when are you going for sva? If you want some moral support, gimme a shout, i'd be interested to watch an sva (not having been through one myself)