Ok, Who's Having All The Good Luck?

Big Jim

Following the advert on TV, where the balance of the world is kept right by "clever" and "dumb" people etc. I think there's also a balance between those having good luck, and those having bad luck...............................

So I want to know who the sod is that getting all the good luck, because I'm certainly getting more than my share of bad luck! and I'm getting a bit peeed off with it!

Water pump on mondeo......that of course knackered the power steering pump as well..............£617-17p FCC!!!

Alternator on hood.

Electric motor on compressor.

And finally the bloody washing machine! :angry:

One is not amused!!

( & I'm supposed to remember some prat driving / not driving a jag off a bloody aircraft carrier.........this item..........think I should have been in the flamin passenger seat!)

Guest Battery Bill

OK lets talk bad luck

Mondeo TD cambelt breaks at 32366 miles since last change (Ford recommend changed at 36000) No comeback Scrap car:gdit: :gdit:

Buy another Mondeo 2.5V6 24V bloody head gasket went, not a job for home garage said they would never take on another and it cost me £690

Oh yes I had to buy a new Washing machine last January and had to get the repair man out last month because the seal was leaking :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mind you the compressor is still hanging in there :lol: :lol:

Cheer up Jim, its not just you :lol:

Billy-boy,

Your little lot doesn't count, it's been spread over more than 12 months!! -_-

mine is all within 3 weeks, and all the electric bits within a couple of days............... :(

12 months...............I'd think nothing about it...........you've obviously had some good luck inbetween there.................so you have a farely balanced good / bad luck existance.

Oh..........and the bloody washing machine is only about 14 months old anyway...........mind you, I never did like it! it's one of those things that's supposed to do all your washing in an eggcup full of water, bloody useless!

You need a new grand daughter 

Like Bill says they are brill and you give them back!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Now you are joking! anyway, the daughter says that she's not having any kids, doesn't like them, 'cause she used to be one.

And Mutley's only warming his feet, once they start to get too comfy, they get fired off!

Who's had all the luck?

Macca, That's not luck! take my advise and stay well clear of man traps like that. that's just a potential problem for some poor fella somewhere, sometime! :rolleyes:

The luck was being far too old to be mesmerised by her charms. ;)

I think Jims got plenty of 'edge' trim for the pair of them!!!!

He, He! :lol: :lol: Ah but! :) I've lost a considerable bit of it since then.

.............Back to the thread...............................

latest news: 2nd hand motor obtained for compressor (£50) needed a new pulley & belt (£30)

Washing m/c....................Mmmmmm! :angry: Saw the man in the shop, told him the problems, "oh! it could be a number of things, we'll need to come and check it out"

"How much?????"

"£35 call out, plus parts plus labour"

"Well I think it could be the control card"

"Sheeee! (sucking air through teeth) they're expensive"

"How expensive???"

"At least £90, and I don't have one in"

"Goodbye!" <_<

So, anyone want any spares for a Service 1100, less than 18 months old?? :gdit:

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd hand one, then when it breaks down, it can go the same place as this one,.......Council Skip!! :angry: :gdit:

Macca, That's not luck! take my advise and stay well clear of man traps like that. that's just a potential problem for some poor fella somewhere, sometime! :rolleyes:

The luck was being far too old to be mesmerised by her charms. ;)

Jim

Thanks for the advise but I've already leart my lesson, just when I thought I was well rid and wouldn't loose any more money, I had to pay another few grand for a solicitor to make sure I didnt loose any more!!!! Does that make sense??? :huh:

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd hand one, then when it breaks down, it can go the same place as this one,.......Council Skip!! :angry:  :gdit:

Not a bad idea. I had a second hand washing machine, dishwasher, and tumble dryer when I forst got my house. Never had any trouble with them. A few years ago I had a new kitchen a bought new washer and dishwasher. I've had engineers out to both of them (under warranty), but the 2nd hand dryer is still going strong!!! :blink: