Scuttle Nightmare

jmspec

I took delivery of a superspec 5 weeks ago, but only got the videos today.

I have been looking at the scuttle and trying to figure out what to do with the 1.5 inch gaps in the top corners between the scuttle and the dash. I have asked at RH and they advised me to look at the video. Now I am even more confused. The scuttle on the vid is nothing like mine. Mine is made up in 2 pieces and bolted together. Has RH got mixed up and put a superspec dash in another scuttle. Can anyone help as I am a car build virgin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Battery Bill

Jeremy

Its probably the same as the rest of us, you have to make the dash to suit the scuttle, we had to put some large packing pieces on the top of our scuttle.

As seen on our website :D :D

Thanks for the replies. After looking at lots of web sites, going back to RH and asking them face to face, it seems I have been stressed over nothing. No ones scuttle fits correctly without some jiggery pockery.

I cant believe that CNC plasma cutters make parts that when fitted together, require the side off an double decker bus to fill in the gaps. :gdit:

Again thanks for your help.

Guest Battery Bill

Jeremy

I cant believe that CNC plasma cutters make parts that when fitted together, require the side off an double decker bus to fill in the gaps. 

Welcome to the Robin Hood world, What amazes me is that you have got this far without getting stressed :lol: :lol: :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lotus Eater

Hi

I did not like the scuttle sitting 30mm above the scuttle hoop so I re-designed the scuttle and bonnet totally. You can see what method I adopted at www.colinusher.info. An awful lot of work but the end result was well worth the effort. Also the wind screen is 30mm lower which gives the car a sleeker look. The Bonnet is totally seperate from the Scuttle and the Nose cone. The nose cone hinges forward with restraint wires and locking screws. The Scuttle is permanentley fitted hard down on the hoop with a solid 3/4" ply firewall. Ideal for fitting the Heater, Washer, Fuse Box etc.

Colin Usher