They Said Sorry

E.Hunt

Just befor christmas DVLA sent me a fine for not declaring Sorn on my donor vehicle even though they had only just sent my refund for the exsice tax.

After only one (slightly strong) letter and a couple of phone calls I recieved this today.

LetterfromDVLA.jpg

they are human after all :)

Same thing has happened to me twice now - letter from DVLA demanding payment of fines even though I SORN'd already. It took several phone calls & letters to get it sorted out. I now send all documents to them via recorded delivery as they seem to lose most things I sent them.

'the late licensing penalty requested from you'

Did they put it that politely first time round?

I wonder if that comes under 'demanding money with menaces' or 'issuing threats'. The total lack of redress we have against these beurocratic dickheads irritates the bejasus out of me. Presumably if you had been unable to prove your innocence you would have to pay up. I don't know what the worlds coming to. In my day............

Getting a bit manic. Must be the new pills.

Nigel

Has anyone read the book 'Is it just me or is everything sh*t?' Seriously funny and depressing at the same time.

Guest Battery Bill

Mrs P Wooley

Enforcement Officer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same woman that had to appologise when they tried to charge me £40 for not Sorning the long gone Donor car :lol: :lol:

I bet she has a preprinted letter and just changes the names/numbers to suit

Bill :D :D

I bet that isnt a "genuine name" when i worked at a call centre (inbound taking orders so no i wasnt a cold caller) if we sent out and out of stock letter to someone had placed an order it was signed as Olivia O'Sullivan so when they rang back and asked for her wed no what is was about. Clever hey!? so i wonder what her name stands for

Guest mickmellors

I had a similar experience with "Mrs Wooley" - in late July I SORNed 2 out of my 3 cars as I was going on hols for most of August, only needed 1 to get me to the airport and back, so it seemed to make sense to economise and not give the chancellor the pleasure of my cash. I took the 2 SORN forms down to the post office and got receipts for them. In October I got a fine notification for my Peugeot which not only had I got a SORN receipt for, but by this time the vehicle had been scrapped and DVLA notified of this also. I phoned them (NIGHTMARE !!!!!) and explained it all. They asked me to put the details in writing, which, after having related all the details on the phone, I reluctantly did.

December brought me a further letter telling me the unpaid fine had now been increased and if I didnt pay up PDQ they were going to send the big boys round to give me a slap and releive me of my household contents (well thats what they meant).

I phoned again and was asked to write again, which I did. This time I got a letter saying they would not be persuing the matter further - No apology though - PLONKERS !!!!!

Has anyone read the book 'Is it just me or is everything sh*t?' Seriously funny and depressing at the same time.

I saw this book at the train station shop earlier in the week. I never bought it as I'm usually close to killing some one as it is once I get to work, so I dont need a depressing book too ;)