Good Rolling Road

Richard Grove

Hi,

If anyone is looking for a good rolling raod I can recommend RJ Bradley & Sons at Shipton Under Wychwood (near Oxford) Tel 01993 830214.

The can do full ECU mapping for both Emerald and OMEX systems, Carb tuning etc. and charge £50 an hour.

I took the Firefox to them yesterday to have my new Emerald ECU and Throttle Body set up properly mapped. I had got a basic map loaded and was able to start and drive the car but it was running like a bag of nails. After a couple of hours on the rolling road it was singing !!!

If anyone is ineterested in doing a power run on the rolling road to get an official BHP read out they are happy to host club events - either 6 or so cars in an evening or upto 20 on a Saturday. They have recently hosted both Hillman Imp and Westfield owners clubs. Charge os £20-25 per car. Each power run takes 20-30 minutes.

Official results for the Firefox were 141BHP at 6600 rpm (less than I expected I have to admit) but given that the car has been on a diet as well and should now weigh under 500KG that is 280+ BHP per ton. Can't wait to get back on track and try it out.

Richard

Guest micky bigthumbs

There will be another post soon from mbate he works in blackpool and his boss will let the club use there rolling road and tuniing things he will supervise but he is waiting for a price for the day and a nudge

Mick :D thanks for the wine

Just a short note to expand on Micks post.

I work for a Motor Vehicle college in Blackpool and we have just installed the latest Rolling Road and Engine Test cell. After speaking to Mick at weekend i have spoken to my boss regarding the club coming to the college to use the facilities for power runs and engine testing!!

Please advise if you would be interested, i have linked a pic to let you see what the rolling road looks like

Mark

post-12-1140094536.jpg

Some more information:

We have now completed all risk assessments and insurance paperwork to start running rolling road runs.

We are thinking of running blocks on 15 cars on a saturday over the next few months, is any one interested????

What type of price would you be looking at paying???

We are also looking at setting up and tunning cars using the rolling road as a follow on from power runs.

Mark : :D

• 1 month later...
Guest mbate

Afternoon everyone

I've got a provisional date of the saturday 13th May for a rolling road day, Cost are approx £26 per car and basic tuning and workshop facilities will be available,

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions

Mark :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mbate

Morning everyone

This saturday (13th) i am opening our new research and development centre to the club, for a small fee of £26 per car you can run you car up on the rolling and use our workshop facilities, any takers

Mark

Guest mbate

At the moment i have 5 takers and have 5 spare places, anymore interest???

Please PM me to book a time and any requirements you may have

Mark :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention the more hood that turn up the cheaper the run!!

just got back from the test day at marks college in blackpool.

car performed well, with no flat spots at all in the power, nice smooth curve, and a respectable bhp.

they have an amazing set up there, worth going just for a look around, and the day mark is planning later in the year with perhaps a trip into blackpool and maybe even an overnight stay should be really good.

Mark and the guys were great and really helpful and the club sould really benefit from having facilities like that at our disposal.

thanks again, and ee you later in the year

paul

post-12-1147533254.jpg