Sub K Big Damage

Guest markandlynn27

Guest markandlynn27

Driving home tonight the rear wing came of hit the side pipe tearing the bracket smashed into the front wing showwered me with GRP the stainless steel must of been near my head as well.

Is this a big job to repair when i get the parts ???and will my insurance cover me ??

still shaking whilke i type this

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markandlynn27
HI

If you have fully comp cover you'll just need to pay the excess.

Hope this helps

Warwick

Just checking now oh well gives me an excuse to do those other jobs i was waiting for better weather to do.

Hell of a bang when it went looks like the entire wing was pot riveted on :o so some stainless bolts are now on order the other wing is loose as well very nervous drive home.......

Guest Battery Bill

Mark

Most peoples rear wings are Pop Rivitted on and there should be no problem with this, perhaps your builder used the same Cheap Aluminium pop rivets as the builder of my 2nd 2B (Part built)

I doubt if it would be worth your while claiming on the insurance you only need a flat bit of Stainless and cut it to shape and a bit of GRP from RH, whole job should not cost much and at least then you will be able to do a proper job :D :D

Oh yes best you check the other side too :boohoo: :boohoo: :D

Guest markandlynn27

Parts alone come to £250 so seems best to go through my insurance. They have asked me to get a quote does anyone know anywhere in the Telford - Market Drayton area capable of even quoting.

Time is the main issue for me in doing the job myself.

and yes the others side is loose as well :(

Guest markandlynn27

Has anyone got any of the following kit for sale or available

Front right wing blue

Standard robin hood twin pipe exaust

Rear right wing grp trim

Rear right wing stainless steel bit pre cut

Photos later tonight i hope.

Parts alone come to £250 so seems best to go through my insurance. They have asked me to get a quote does anyone know anywhere in the Telford - Market Drayton area capable of even quoting.

Time is the main issue for me in doing the job myself.

and yes the others side is loose as well :(

There is a firm called Smart FX 01782 791165

they were in Penkridge but they have moved to a ind est some were around Eccleshall hope this helps

Duncan

Dunc

I had a chat with Mark today. So far he has sourced a replacement exhaust, has his eye on an unused/made up pair of rear wings on ebay and is probably going to get the front cycles from Lolocost. Since he is only a mile or so from brian and James, and not far from me I suggested that a packet of hobnobs and a plentiful supply of tea could attract an entire pit crew to get him back on the road!

Whatyathink? :huh:

Guest Battery Bill

Chris

What’s this Bill? Decided there is more to be made by selling number 2 off in bits

No! Its just that we will not be using the Twin Pipe Exhaust that came with it :D :D :p :p