Sub K Big Damage

Guest markandlynn27

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markandlynn27

Its been so long that i forgot what a great community spirit there is in kit car clubs cheers everyone :D :) :wub:

Did i mention that the RH rear light was scattered all over the road as well so if anyones got one of those going ???????

Tea and hob nobs are no problem should i cancel the beers?

9pm just back from London :wacko: so many thanks for the offers so far shall reply as soon ive recovered

Guest markandlynn27

OK exaust sourced

Rear wings purchased

Front wings on hold as damaged one will do for a while

rear light sourced from stafford

instructions on fitting rear wing = hobnobs tea and beer ???

insurance probably not paying out as aluminium rivets = build error so not covered :angry:

Guest Battery Bill

Mark

build error so not covered

Why are we not suprised about that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Insurers manage to wriggle out of anything :gdit: :gdit:

Fitting your new wings will be easy enough, look at some of the websites, Joey did most of ours and he was 12 at the time :D :D

See you

Bill and Joey

Guest salty_monk

I would go for nice dome hex head stainless bolts in 3mm to refit. Look nicer than rivets too in my opinion, it's what I will do if I ever take mine apart, (came with a small crack in it) also makes the fibreglass easy to get off if you ever crack it... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markandlynn27

Got my exhaust got the rear wings, watching loads of front wings and a pair of lights on ebay at the moment so nearly ready to go with all the fitting.

In the meantine i have removed the seats and am stripping out the trim still need to find a cheap source for steel pop rivets and some stainles bolts ;) and im away am also going to re route (point to point) some wiring as there are a lot of scotch blocks behind the dash and need to replace / tidy up some more bits and bobs like replacing spray foam with GRP etc etc

Better start taking photos for me website i suppose :( http://www.markandlynn.co.uk no Robin hood stuff on there YET !

Many thanks to Bill and Joey for the encouragement at the weekend hope you are feeling better !

Guest markandlynn27
I detect a touch of rebuilditis coming on.

No evidence of that over here :o im tidying up the car nothing else honest i can resist this time :ph34r:

Now how do you neaten up those wipers ? :blink: