First Job

Guest Martin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martin,

Some of the best advice I had when starting my 2B Plus was from all the people that had actually built their cars.

I got loads of info and guidance from going to "The National Kit Car Show" at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire. Robin Hood Sportscars have a stand indoors, but the real knowledge is outside in the Robin Hood Owners enclosure.

Needless to say I'm still building my 2B but I will there again this year to ask more questions to the people that have spilt blood, sweat and tears to realise the dream.

The show is 30th April to 1st May 2006.

Cheers.

Jay.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest klaxon
it will become one of the 70%

Does this statistic refer to the number of cars that never get finished? If so I find that quite staggering.

Guest DRC7

Hi martin welcome to RHOCAR you should get throught the post a letter from robin hood that they will pay for your first years membership like i did you just fill in the form and maqic will happen maybe

Guest chris brown
Does this statistic refer to the number of cars that never get finished?
Not quite true but 70% don’t get finished by the original purchaser of the kit. That’s why you see so many “95% finished” :wacko: (read 20%) cars for sale.

Guest Cantbearsed

I really couldn't care less if my kit takes the next 80 years to be finished, i only bought it for the experience.

I've since discovered i have less spare time than i thought i had, less garage space than i thought i had and less enthusiasm for cars in general than i once had.

I have my tin top for daily use, the kit is stainless so doesn't really suffer from weathering and I've got all the donor stuff cleaned, stored and labelled for future reference.

All i want to do is build the blasted thing, I'm not worried about driving it. :)

Guest Battery Bill

Your right Chris

Look how long he took to reply :lol: :lol:

So have you booked your SVA for 2086 then?

I dont recon any of us older ones (Or younger ones) will be around by then but good luck anyway :lol: :lol:

Guest Nishka
Joey, you may be our best hope! :lol:

God help us! :huh:

Thats not a phrase you will hear too often! :lol: :lol:

Only joking Joey, hows the racer?

Nishka :ph34r: