• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

there's no wonder he doesn't feel very inspired with you lot about :rolleyes:

he makes me look quick and there's not a lot of people that do that :D

Guest Cantbearsed

I'll be 117 for those who are counting.

Had a spare 5 mins this morning so i've got one step closer by fitting the poly bushes and sleeves into the wishbones and held them in with loops of tape. Lost them once, don't intend to do so a 2nd time.

And to a certain degree, Doctor Fox is right about you lot.

A great deal of help with info and (often) assistance, but always tinged with a certain ammount of "ha ha, mines done yours isnt."

Possible exception of Rizla who's building something different so offers advice from experience rather that the I-did-mine-this-way approach.

Anyway, as the screen name suggests,I haven't joined the club as I can't be ar*ed.

Oh yeah, that's going to go down like a bag of spanners.

If you go back to the start of this thread you will see that there were a lot of genuinely helpful comments and suggestions. I would say that the enthusiasm to help has wained along with your apathy for the task.

If you can't be arsed then why bother? <_<

Possible exception of Rizla who's building something different so offers advice from experience
Obviously can't be arsed to read things properly either. Rizla's never built a car, he's always paid to have it built for him. Rizla was King of spam.

Also he no longer has a kit car, he's now sold it and moved on to kart racing with his son.

rather that the I-did-mine-this-way approach.

Now wait a minute! isn't that "From experience"??? What exactly do you want? your Arse wiping? or kicking! <_<

Guest docter fox
Doctor Fox is right

That's all I need to know :D

However, I do think your going about making your point in a somewhat unconventional mannor. Admittedly comments on the forum may not always be 100% helpful; but it's all light hearted fun, try not to take things too seriously. I think some of the hostile feelings do stem from your user name, it show's an unwillingness to try and a bad attitude towards to kit which cannot be benificial be it misrepresented or not. I'd recomend you consider changing it, as things have definately started off on the wrong foot but I would be willing to start again as I'm sure others would. :)

Guest chris brown
Anyway, as the screen name suggests,I haven't joined the club as I can't be ar*ed.
Then may I suggest that you leave this forum also as all you have done is belittle others efforts, and try to advertise the factors you work for (delivery driver no doubt) which in my experience with them are probably one of the worst around well certainly in this area.

it will become one of the 70%

Does this statistic refer to the number of cars that never get finished? If so I find that quite staggering

I bought an almost started series 3 on an impulse November 2004 and i am determined to not let it become a part finished, however i have had a difficult first part of the year and whilst i wanted to do it all myself and have it ready for Jan 2007, I am going to get some seriouse help. This will get me back on track and confident enough to carry on through the difficult bits.

So Gingerfix next weekend and for a few more.

Oh nearly forgot..... 129, i will be there in one form or another as i started the pickling process many years ago and over the last few evenings have been adding to the preservation process by smoking my body outside round the log burner :p

Guest timswait

Personally I've always got out of this forum what I've put in, I've tried to answer questions I know the answer to as helpfully as possible (and sometimes poked the odd bit of fun ;) ), and my questions have always been answered very quickly and helpfully (much better than Robin Hood's advice any day), and I've found the atmosphere freindly and supportive. Most Hoodies just love to see more hoods on the road! Also the best advice anyone can give is often "I did mine that way". If it was a good way to do it then everyone copy it, if it wasn't then don't repeat the mistake.

So to answer Martin's question (I don't think the build videos give a good indication of the best order to do the individual jobs):

1. Prep the chassis as neccessary. Dress any welds that show or that bother you, or that will cause a ding in a body panel when it's bolted up (personally I didn't do very much of this, my car was never exactly going to be concourse standard). If it's mild steel, paint it (the chassis that is) or even consider getting it powder coated, waxoyl the insides of the tubes you can get to and spray more in when you drill holes, paint the most exposed tubes with underseal protection.

2. Fit the floor

3. Trial fit the suspension, but don't use nylocs yet, it's bound to have to come apart again.

4. Fit the engine, gearbox and prop.

5. Sit where the driver's seat wll go and make "Brmm brmm" noises imagining how good it will be to drive. (actually do this at any point in the build you're feeling down.) :wub: