Clutch Judder

enforcer

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Mine also became impossible to get in gear when VERY hot but you had to be in a traffic jam in summer for that to happen...

When I took the cable off you couldn't pull the inner through by hand at all. Big pair of pump pliers & the vice needed.

New one would slide through the outer under it's own weight, big difference. I've tried the heat protecting tube etc & now have a copper pipe type arrangement like Bill & Joey on the latest one, longer cable has got to be the ultimate way to go in my opinion.

Dan :)

Guest AWhite

I fitted the longer cable from the cosworth (part number on nw.rhocar.org) and the cable goes over all 4 branches of the manifold nicely. I also bent a little piece of steel to keep the cable away from the alternator belt. My cable came with loads of sheathing that protects it from rubbing against the engine etc.

Although my previous clutch cable was fine i changed it anyway to be safe. The old one was insulated by that shiny aluminium cloth stuff and was kept dead centre between branches 1 and 2 on the exhaust by a little bit of steel bolted into one of the exhaust manifold studs and bent to the right position.

Changing the cable would be the 1st thing to try as its such an easy job and elimnates that as the problem.

Andy

Guest chris brown
Well you didn't like the more usual suggestions so I tried to suggest something,
Nice one Nigel I must admit to thinking along those lines myself as there is only so many ways you can say "cable" then "clutch" :p :p :p :wub:

Guest Dredd

It's because he is a former traffic officer; very sensitive soles of the feet, sense every beat of the vehicle. Usually accompanied by sensitive palms of the hands from all that push pull and gearknob flourishing :p :p :p :p ;)

Nice one Nigel I must admit to thinking along those lines myself as there is only so many ways you can say "cable" then "clutch"  :p  :p  :p  :wub:

Alright keep your pants on I was just saying that I don't believe the cable IS the problem as it doesn't stick and the problem doesn't happen all the time. I was just wondering if anyone had any alternative explanations.