Screen /hood

gomatthome

At risk of inviting a biology lesson, which bit is the female with these things? There are 2 bits that do the clipping together, one of which has got an internal spring ring (that rattles around)- I fitted the bit without the spring ring to the screen, but haven’t done the rest of the hood and am a bit worried if it is correct now!

At risk of hijacking thread- how do the other 2 bits fix together/ to the hood, and where can you get spare ‘button’ covers (to use for SVA)

Brian

these fasteners come in 3 parts - the button part which goes on the outside of the hood, the female part with the spring ring which can go on the inside of the hood and the male part which can go on the screen frame, or vice versa.

when you put the hood on the male bit goes inside the female bit - just like it did last time you played sink the sausage, only these fix with a click!

spare parts can be got from camping shops or chandlers in kits that come with the tool to make a neat job of joining the two parts through the hood

Steve

Noted i have put the female part onto the frame as per the earlier post hope this is ok. Have managed to fit the glass but not yet bottom rail (ran out of time last night).

Plan is to try to get screen on before Stoneley.

if i need to change anything around can be done now but not later.

Any further comments welcome.

phil

Guest turbo

throw the pops out and fit lift the dots to the frame as the pops keep popping off at speed B)

it is also a good idea to fit a turn buckle where the last hood fastner meets the door.

this allows you to run your hand around the seal when inside the car to seal it without the popper poping off.

the picture shows the location only,the turn buckle was not fitted at the time.

Guest salty_monk

Throw them away & use a caravan awning rail like Elwe has... Would require a bit of a mod at the front of the hood though.....

Get your needle & thread out...

I would use turn buckles too, didn't like the poppers at all..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

Hi I fitted caravan awning channel to the top of the sceen with turn buckle fittings at each end no water comes in now and the front of the hood doesn't lift off either

on my surry top

pete2b