Mini Wipers

Jez Morton

Hi,

I've a couple of questions re fitting mini wipers to a 2B with alligator bonnet.

How have you mounted motor, I cant seem to find a way to fit without having to drill the bonnet.

What length wiper blades are people using, I think 9" should work but I'm struggling to find some.

thanks

Jez

i put a bit of stainless cable tray under the wiper blade mounts, mounted the motor to that

hasnt fell off yet!

and i dont remember sikaflex being used, though you could

Guest Andy Hamilton

Jez,

I have mounted mine to the central 'spine' of the bonnet, using the bolts that connect the two halves of the bonnet.

I have then put a long 180 deg bend in the bundy tube rather than trying to mount everything in a straight line.

I have seen a lot done like this (not that I copied or anything :D :D :D )

I can post pics if you like..... but I would have to go and take them..... ;)

let me know if you want to see

Andy

Hi Jez - it can be done without drilling the bonnet. I used a wide piece of perforated steel I got from B&Q and braced this between the bonnet join line and the bottom edge fold of the bonnet, following the curve. I stuck some foam on the back of the metal to stop it banging into the underside of the bonnet. Works perfectly.

I initially tried to fit it as per Les, but because my washer bottle is mounted to the rear of the battery box there wasn't room. I have the mini heater and there is plenty of clearence above it for the motor.

The lower end of the perforated strip is secured using two rivets to the bonnet fold, and at the upper end to the bonnet edge join. No additional drilling, and completely concealed.

You need to use 8" wiper blades.