Phil Slater Sva

Longboarder

I was gutted that literaly if Phil had fitted cycle wings it would have been a clean first time pass. Easy fix for the tyre coverage with an ally extension on the wings, should have spotted that one. Putting the headlights on a 2" tower solves the second point but I was not aware it was a potential fail.

Pic of the visible area of lights fail below! (Anyone with cycle wings think they could pass on this one?)

Nigel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nishka

Sorry to hear of your result Phil, but at least it is not to bad sounds like an easy fix for you.

Looking at the pic, I thought that the wing only had to cover upto the fron of the rim?

If that is the case then it looks to me that it was covered,

but that might just be the angle of the photograph.

Should sail through the re-test, good luck.

Nishka

Hi Phil,

sorry to hear that it failed - at least you know what modifications have to be done. The car looks awesome, I bet you can't wait until all the paperwork is done and you can get out and enjoy driving it. Best of luck for the re-test!

Edward

Guest Phil Slater

Nishka

That's what I thought too <_< But it's the bits on the front of the wheel that, when looked at from above, are not covered because of the wing curving in to form that leading point. Any how made and fitted the extension plates tonight. Tommorrow AM hope to have the lights raised.

Guest Phil Slater

Not particularly pretty but they meet the requirements ;)

SVA retest booked for next Tuesday at 1015. Not to long to wait :p

post-9-1146835522.jpg

now come on Will, its there for keeps, you know the Testers somtimes look on this site, to see if we are talking about bodging things.

Good luck with the retest, roll on registration

Mitch

He's gone a bit shy! No idea what the result was apart from I may have been nabbed by a safety partnership van a mile from Plymouth on the way home doing indicated 80 in the trusty old camper. Didn't know it would go that fast on the flat without a following hurricane! Haven't been paying attention all day.

Nigel