enforcer

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest charlyfarly

Well after an afternoon of tinkering to get back on the road made a packup supper, blatted over the hills and enjoyed the sun going down over the Dunstable Downs. :D

I do just love the burble burble burble braaaaaaAAAAAAAAPPPPPP of the short bit of hill climb near Whipsnade :wub: *ahem*

And as of the last disc change mine is tucked under the stereo's rain cover on the passenger side of of the tunnel. I'm looking out for one of those bike ones to bolt to the windscreen mount.

I'm looking out for one of those bike ones to bolt to the windscreen mount.

That's what i have too.... reputedly also illegal, but nevermind!

Guest charlyfarly
That's what i have too.... reputedly also illegal, but nevermind!

You're kidding right? I mean the only legal requirement I thought was to display it so it was visible, don't tell me there is some sort of shenanigans about it facing front or having to be actually on the windscreen?

Anyway going to carry on that route and if asked point out its better than the $%&@* thing keep blowing off no matter how much tape you put on the holder :rolleyes:

You're kidding right? I mean the only legal requirement I thought was to display it so it was visible, don't tell me there is some sort of shenanigans about it facing front or having to be actually on the windscreen?

:lol: Er, sorry.. but yes :lol:

Technically it has to be displayed on the nearside of the windscreen (so it can be read without having to venture out into the road).

However, don't despair. I would argue strongly on a car such as the seven with low seating and a small screen that to fix the disc in that position considerably reduces your field of vision on the nearside. Mine is fixed in a bike style holder to the nearside windscreen pillar. No-ones ever going to split that hair .... unless you wind them up of course! ;) :p

Guest elwe

I am sure when I checked it had to be visable from the pavement and at the front end of the vehicle. I am sure the rules didn't say it had to be in the windscreen.

Guest elwe

From the DVLA:

You must display the disc on the near side (passenger side) of your vehicle’s windscreen. If the vehicle does not have a windscreen, the disc should be displayed on the near side of the vehicle.

Of course my 2B has a wind deflector, not a windscreen. It may be a big wind deflector made of glass but as the builder I can definatly say its a wind defelctor. ;)

Guest Battery Bill

Elwe

I am sure when I checked it had to be visable from the pavement and at the front end of the vehicle. I am sure the rules didn't say it had to be in the windscreen.

Is there an Echo in here?

Technically it has to be displayed on the nearside of the windscreen (so it can be read without having to venture out into the road).

Enforcer

:lol: :lol: