Time To Bite The Bullet

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

I have decided that as i only have a few small jobs left to do to the car i am going to ring and book my SVA, just tried but keep getting answerphone. I will be going to exeter, does anyone know what this stations "favourites" are?

Regards

Tom

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Took about 2 weeks for the SVA office to ring me up and arrange a date after I'd sent in the forms. They rang last week and arranged for the test this Friday.

ring your local test station and ask how long waiting list is, varies from place to place depending on how popular it is.

since summers coming they will be getting busier

HTH

Mitch

Guest tom2b

I rang as a general enquiry and to get some advice on what they look for. The man i spoke to was very helpful and advised me to ring on friday as he was only covering for someone, hes normally based at taunton. He advised me to ring on friday and speak to someone about booking, theres approx a 3 week wait. So ill ring and see what i can sort out then.

Regards

Tom

According to the tester at Exeter there is a target of maximum three week wait for SVA set by VOSA. Exeter are struggling because they have one of two testers off long term sick and are borrowing testers from Taunton and Bristol when possible. Don't know how long the paperwork takes to process.

Come up and see Phil Slater to look over his car and talk over the test with him or get him to visit you with car. He had a pre SVA inspection so got a MAC for about 45 minutes before it was taken from him and he was 'given' (paid for) a tax disc and reg number at the DVLA and was home in time for lunch on Tuesday!

Nigel

Guest Phil Slater

Tom

I rang both the Exeter and Taunton test centres to get some idea of the waiting time before sending off my appication. Given what they said, I plumbed for Exeter and, in early April, I sent off my application form and cheque requesting a test in Exeter - expecting to get one towards the end of May. About a week later Swansea sent a letter asking a couple of question - basically confirming that I had actually built the car - why these questions can't be included on the SVA form in the first place I do not know :blink: I replied immediately so they got it before the Easter weekend.

I then received a letter from Swansea dated the 21st April informing me my test would be on the 4 May which was bit of a surprise :huh: to say the least. It said the test would start at 1115. A day or so later I got a letter from the Exeter test centre confirming my appointment but correcting the start time - it was 0800 not 1115. Note - Because they allow 4 to 4.5 hours for SVA’s they are always in the morning and always start at 0800.

As Nigel says I had arranged a built up vehical inspection prior to that and, as a consequence, had been issued with a VIN. Exeter DVLA then wanted written confirmation of its stamping on my car confirmed by a local garage. I returned the relevent paper work to Exeter DVA a few days before my SVA day so that once my car had passed there was nothing to stop me registering my car and getting an age related number.

HTH

Phil Slater

neil i put my 2b in for sva in glasgow passed seconded time. if you get the young guy think his name is steve hes a bit of an idiot does not like robinhoods and will try to fail it, my car failed on noise, but after inserting brilo pads it passed. he was not to happy to give my mac and sent another person out with it. there is an older chap he seems a bit fairer hope this helps........ colin

if you get the young guy think his name is steve hes a bit of an idiot does not like robinhoods and will try to fail it

If this is true it is very sad. One point worth noting is that SVA examiners do 'frequent' these forums! Trust me, the guy who inspected my car was so familiar with Rhocar that he knew what my user ID was just by looking at the car!!

Needless to say I have always been guarded over what I say about examiners!