Getting Rid Of The Sierra

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

Hi guys, Robbie here from Northern Ireland, still not finished the sub K (bad health and general lethargy!) runs round the garden good though!

Missus wnats rid of Sierra, so I want to cut it up in bits and cart it off to the dump in stages. I have the plate off it, is there any problem just scrapping it now before RH is complete?

Ta

Robbie

Guest Ian & Carole

Providwd you keep the V5, I would sugest the VIN plate and a few photos of your scrap sierra you wont have a problem UK only thou :( :(

I think

Ian J

Guest TerryBarry

I've kept the VIN & Body plates, V5 (now replaced by V5/2) and declare SORN annually - as if the Sierra still exists. Body went to scrappy years ago.

I assume (could be dangerous) that the same rules would apply in N Ireland

It appears that SORN has been running in NI since Dec 2002. See HERE

Guest combatsapph

Just had my shell taken away on Saturday (such a sad sight). I have kept the bonnet slam panel with the vin plate, V5 and I will be declaring a SORN every year until the Westfield is complete. This was what I was advised to do by Westfield.

sierrafrontdrive.jpg

Guest salty_monk

Rust... oh well :) Didn't look to be anything a mig welder and a weekend couldn't fix but rust always spreads when you start on it!!

He should have chose the 2b, not only could he then use his 17" wheels he could also have used his Corbeau seats & his souped up rear suspension & spent about half as much... oh well each to their own :)

Guest combatsapph

Trust me - it was a tough choice.

I still want to build an RH. hence why I'm still around ;-) (plus, you guys know a lot about Pinto's!)