Anonymous Hoodies

Guest red7

Guest Dredd
could tell who Dredd was he was the one wearing Miss Newark

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Nothing so superficial, we were discussing important issues apertaining to politics, socio economic and environmental issues. I also acertained she used to live in my neck of the woods, but the draw of the North (She's from Doncaster) was too great.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Must be interesting doing the risk assessment for wearing those on a job site! :D

Can you juggle too?? 3 of those big nail guns would be good, like chainsaws or summat :lol:

Guest charlyfarly

Being a member of a number of fora that have organised 'real world' meets this is a common problem :rolleyes:

Having recently got organised (and mechanically sound enough) to make the SG7 meet it was unfortunate that a couple of people only recognised me after the event.

(or at least recognised me due to being the one with "the leaky car" - a moniker I hope doesn't stick)

Of course we could get around it by opening conversations with "so who are you on the forum" but being (mostly) blokes that will never happen. I'd suggest either a name badge sticker or a sticker on the car.

Another thought thats worked well on meets in the past in other arenas is to have a designated meet and greet who will introduce new arrivals to a few other people to get things rolling.

Name badges feels a bit silly - but when everyone does it its a bit of an ice breaker...

I know it was very crude, but in the style of 1950's race cars I just painted a red7 on both sides of my car in red hammerite. It seems to work. Next time I'll wear a red7 on me back too. :D

post-13-1150803218.jpg

Guest docter fox

:lol: smooth move :D , did you come back on the saturday? i expected to find you'd camped over and see you on the sunday but you weren't anywhere to be seen :lol:

as for the designated meet and greet, with people arriving throughout the day it could be a bit hard to do, perhaps just try and introduce everyone you speak to to someone else :lol:

Guest chris n's missus
I know it was very crude, but in the style of 1950's race cars I just painted a red7 on both sides of my car in red hammerite. It seems to work. Next time I'll wear a red7 on me back too. :D

that's true enough. you can normally identify some folk by some sort of skill on their cars, front grills etc. but what happens when you're not near your car? its know its hard to walk away and leave your pride and joy behind but everybody needs pit stops throughout the day.

Guest chris brown

I also have my Avatar on the grill like Big Jim and also a couple of smerfs fastened to the roll over bar but still have people who still ask "who are you" so apart from having it tattooed on your forehead I don’t know what the answer is.