Owen Injury

Joel

Much better than a name badge dont you think.

And peeps still dont relise its you at the shows :p

and Bill, you big bum lick!!!!!,

Sorry Matt, but there over paid wimps, Jack Charlton would have played on and scored :p

Hope they get to the final, roads will be empty for a real blast in the Hood

Mitch

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill
Hope they get to the final, roads will be empty for a real blast in the Hood

I doubt if you will go for a blast, you will use the "At Work" excuse that you use when you can't be bothered to go to shows in case it rains :p :p :p :lol: :lol:

Guest docter fox

I was quite annoyed to have lost him so early on, although I wouldn't play him on the starting line up of the knock out stage, he's good to have as a fast paced sub if you need that little extra, a bit of extra match time would have made things better but admittedbly more than a minute ;)

Mat, make me a moderator and I'll ban these mutineers before they know what's happening :D

Guest hypermick

Football, love it or hate it its here for a long time. Its all about advertising and personality status. The game is of secondary importance.

In the old days the players were from the towns they played for. Now look at what we have. You would never have seen Bobby Charlton dressed in a sarong either, there again I dont recollect anyone since Charlton score a goal from the half way line.

The real footballing legends have long departed, and as the other post says the likes of Jackie Charlton would have soldiered on regardless. THEY were the REAL players, unlike the "luvvies" we have now.

Mick

Guest docter fox
You would never have seen Bobby Charlton dressed in a sarong either, there again I dont recollect anyone since Charlton score a goal from the half way line.

Beckham has done both :p

Guest Nishka
Beckham has done both :p

I think that was the point that Mick was trying to make!! :lol:

Personaly I can't stand the game however I do hope they do well. It is quite amazing to see how quiet the roads are whenever they are playing.

I went past a local hostelry while the England-Swedem match was on, usually the courtyard is full of couples, but it was just the women and a few (very happy) not football loving males.

Nishka :ph34r:

Guest salty_monk

During the European cup or whatever it was 2 years ago my journey from Startford upon Avon (Alcester) took me 2 hours instead of the usual 3.5 hrs because England kicked off just after I left :D

Guest Andy Badger

As a Welshman, i am totally behind the England team. Personally, i think that the way England have been performing over the group matches they dont have a chance of progressing past Ecuador nevermind facing stiffer competition. A bad injury for Owen, no sign of young Theo in the group stages means that Sven darent risk such an unknown in the latter stages...Bad positioning of the midfield, defending too deep etc etc etc.

Oh well, thats my bit over with.

Guest hypermick

Id be interested to know just when Beckham scored from the half way line. To my knowledge he never has done.

Charlton on the other hand was KNOWN for it and did it on numerous occasions throughout his career.

I will say one thing, Beckham is probably one the finest goal makers we've ever seen,. theres no denying that. His ball accuracy is to be commended.

Mick

Guest Battery Bill
Id be interested to know just when Beckham scored from the half way line.

I remember seeing a goal he sored from the half way line when he played for Man Utd, and I am not even a footy fan :D :D

Guest TerryBarry
As a Welshman .................................

Oh well, thats my bit over with.

I thought that I had read somewhere a cull of Welsh Badgers is planned by DEFRA :rolleyes: