Barkston Heath

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Well done to Andy, he managed a first at Barkston

He parked it on its roof

This is whats left afterwards. We think it will polish out!!!

A visit to the Lolocost trailer might be needed. 10% off in July for members

post-13-1152381321_thumb.jpg

post-13-1152381416_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Too late Tim its already on :lol: :lol: :p :p

Tims First words after we found out Andy was OK :

"So we can take the piss then?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caring soul :D :D

Guest Steve Allen

Thanks again to everyone involved in organising the event, what a great day with good weather. Glad andy walked away with only his pride hurt. Dont think I will camp the night before again though as it always makes me fill ill the next day, I cant even blame it on Tim's cooking as he left us to starve this time. Good company on the night though even if everyone else was talking in strange languages. "isn It".

cant wait until the next one...................

Guest salty_monk

It seems to be either at the tyre wall by the last high speed bend (where Dave came a cropper) or at the bend just before the straight.....

On scene reporters aren't much cop.....

:D

Guest docter fox

dad was taking pictures at that bend when it happened but didn't manage to get any action shots ;)

being the first one there he decided he should help him out rather than take pics :wacko: lol alothough aparantly he almost lost it on the lap before so nobody can accuse him of not trying hard enough :unsure:

he was a bit late braking and started the turn in which mean he lost the back end, managed to overcorrect it but then when trying to correct that he lost it the other way and slid slowly into the tyre wall, the momentum of that and the bounce of the tyres tipped him slowly on it's side where it decided to fall upside down :ph34r:

post-1001-1152435640_thumb.jpg

post-1001-1152435676_thumb.jpg

Guest adayinthelife

A quick thank you to all the crew that ran the track day, also John & Tim for sorting out all the info for me.

I had a brilliant day out as did my shared driver (Dax Rush Hayabusa) Duncan.

Does any one know if the timed runs will be posted of if there are any photos of the day to veiw?

Many thanks again to all Dave Mumby.

Guest Petemate

What amazes me about the incident is the distortion of the screen supports, considering the thickness of them, yet hardly any distortion of the bonnet. Also it looks like an alligator set-up, so the bonnet isn't fixed around the scuttle area. This shows how strong the bonnet is around this area. How about short struts from near the tops of the supports back to the side rails, say, 6" or so, to turn the screen assembly into a mini-roll bar for the front, for those with a fixed scuttle? Just a thought.

Glad you were OK Andy; your car is a nice example and should be back to its former glory soon.

Pete

Guest megablade

Well us bristol mob have just got home minus Andy's car! You'll be pleased to hear that even this morning he had no aches or pains :)

In true club style tomorrow Rich Hanks aka Ace Fettler is borrowing my trailer and going back up to collect the car, as we were unable to get it back.

You will also be pleased to hear that Andy 'Roller' Rowles suffered an unending barrage of piss taking last night :lol: :lol: :lol:

On closer inspection the car is damaged on just about every panel :unsure: and is going to take a while to rebuild :( It appears that the thing that launched him upwards in the first place was the chassis rails at the front where they curve back under the car, they acted like a ski ramp :o

Guest salty_monk

I'm still trying to work out exactly what bend it was on the circuit?? For Foxy's dad to be close enough to take pics I assume it was the last one that caught Dave out??

Dan :)

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

Last chicane brake hard (Or go straight on down the relief road like Dr Fox in his video :lol: )

Just after you take the right hander there is some tyres on your left,

it was there :wub: :wub: :D :D

Guest salty_monk

Yes, now I've got you... that one's a no brainer - you either go round or you go down the run off.... Lucky it was so tame then, he should have been doing at least 65 before braking for that corner, probably more...

Dan :)

Guest Battery Bill

They now have a "Speed measuring device" :D :D so you can watch how fast you are going "Just before you crash into the first chicane :lol: :lol: :wub:

Joey did well on todays event after expert coaching from Martin he managed to improve his times by 13 seconds and his fastest lap was 1.17 which is pretty good for a 15 year old in a 1.1 Metro :D :D