Barkston Heath

Guest Tim Norman

Guest docter fox

bill, did they keep the extra chicane or take it out for the sunday? for those who weren't there, they put an extra very tight chicane at the end off the track which I couldn't seem to get right... not sure how much time it would have added though?

so what did I do to annoy you then tim? ;)

I even had name and number on the side of the car and you still forgot me! :lol:

car 87 1.00.41 sat and looked at light before going :wub:

dad was sat on the mound looking out on the dodgy corner, he tried taking a few moving pics with limited success...

barry was going slow enough for him to manage to get a pic :rolleyes:

that Onix was fast :lol:

god knows where I was though ;) (there's a lot like that)

post-1001-1152474838_thumb.jpg

post-1001-1152475007_thumb.jpg

post-1001-1152475099_thumb.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

James

bill, did they keep the extra chicane or take it out for the sunday? for those who weren't there, they put an extra very tight chicane at the end off the track which I couldn't seem to get right... not sure how much time it would have added though?

Yup it was still there, I only experienced it as a passenger with Joey but it seemed pretty good.

Not sure about the RH meets but it was trialed this afternoon using the track the other way round :D

They sent Joey first to see if he made it all the way round :lol: :lol: Poor Lonboarder was the passenger this time, but he made it fine

So barring rain the next meet will be in reverse :blink: :blink: :D :D

The Boy done good, innit :ph34r: . Slight reluctance to use the brakes and steers like Fangio at speed on ice but last time round going the 'wrong way round' the advice had changed from 'give it some more Joey' to 'steady' to 'ease off a bit Joey. This ones quite sharp this way round'

Loved it when he said he would take me out, 'if you get a move on and get your helmet!' :o

Excellent day as was the Saturday. I can't understand why no one was screaming when I sat on the line in reverse :blush: waiting for the green unless they were all cowering down waiting for the bang.

To the Fury driver, my honest appologies. Nice of you not to jump out and set about me with the jack handle. Won't happen again or if it does you can get the jack! :rolleyes:

Anyone know where to find second? Frightening when the guy in front turns it over. Mind you, Andy was exiting the drivers side between tarmac and cockpit side like a greased racing snake on speed when I came round the corner!

Great day!

Nigel

Thanks to John and the RAFMSA crew.

Guest Battery Bill

Glad to see you got home OK Nigel :D :D

Ian

how did the boy get on ?

Very well, and like Longboarder says

" Thanks to all the RAF crew at Barkston"

The top quote of the weekend must go to John Walton who shouted out in front of loads of people:

"I'm just going to take Joey down the Bottom" :wub: :wub: Ooo Err Misses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another great day out.

Just had a look at some video I took, based on a similar lap last time (same time at reference points) that last wiggly bit added over 2 seconds on the lap.

Didn't have the video running when I went grass tracking after the last chicane :( but it was bumpy enough to dislodge the fuel pump off the pickup pipe in the fuel tank :o .

Put a lap and a bit of the upsidedown car of Andy's on putfile HERE

I thought I had sorted the sound quality by using a seperate mic sited under the seat to cut out the wind noise but found I had plugged it into the wrong jack socket :wacko:

Les

Guest salty_monk

Ooh, new chicane looks interesting.. what were the thoughts behind that? Just so they could run it in reverse or to slow people down before getting back to the buildings or what??

Dan :)

Guest megablade

Apparently the new chicane has been added for running the track in reverse, the argument being that people would be going too fast by the first corner (90 left by water tank) as they will have to move the start line futher towards the buildings so as to be on flat ground.

They were testing using it going forwards on Saturday and gauging peoples opinions. The general concensus was to leave it out next time as it is way too nadgery!!

Guest docter fox

I did not like the new chicane! :ph34r: just couldn't get it right!

oh and I don't have any videos of it... i asked Joey to press record and I think he knocked the memory card out so the inboard memory isn't even big enough for me to reach the track! :lol:

Guest timswait

Yes, the new chicane is to allow the lap to be run the other way round. We ran the free practice session on Sunday in the reverse direction, the circuit seems completely different that way round, and the new chicane makes much more sense in that direction.

The RAFMSA has been running the Speed Challenge of 8 events per season for about 3 years now, and never had a major accident, Rhocar seems to manage a big accident every time we visit, how do we do it? :o