Shortened Sump

Knock-on

First, thanks to Big Jim for pointing me in the direction of the NW Site where a superb explanation is availible on how to shorten a sump on a 205 Pinto Block.

However, are there any other options? Does anyone have one lying around or is there a service that you can send your old sump off to and have the work done?

Any other ideas?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest mark kingston
First, thanks to Big Jim for pointing me in the direction of the NE Site where a superb explanation is availible on how to shorten a sump on a 205 Pinto Block.

However, are there any other options? Does anyone have one lying around or is there a service that you can send your old sump off to and have the work done?

Any other ideas?

try battery bill (ie billy and joey). i believe they are doing them for a good price.

having done one myself and knowing what is involved i would use them if i needed another one

Guest salty_monk

You can always get one from Tiger... it's at least £130 (that was their price 2 years ago anyhow) & you had to paint it yourself...

£100 is still a good price, they take a reasonable time to make etc etc.

Bill - mysteriously missing... mysterious message :D Who lost it? Shipping Company? customer?? If shipping co you should be able to claim on their insurance....

Dan :)

Guest crwoodford

If BB is still doing them, I would highly recommend BB even if the price has gone up, and it still probably includes the PUP as well.

And yes if you were stranded on the moors in the rain with a 'Titanic' type gash and no oil in your sump, it would seem a small price to pay.

Mind you I was lucky, I had mine done by BB when the pricing stategy was still equivilent to 'Mates Rates' :D

Regards

Col (Taunton)

Can someone confirm whether a 2.0l Pinto Capri sump is the same as the Sierra Pinto sump?

My engine is the 205 block if that helps.

Just thinking of putting in a bid for this one on ebay and getting it delivered straight to Bill and Joey so I have a spare. Might save on Postage the way Royal Mail is faffing around with it ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true

Guest salty_monk

They are all the same as far as I know, regardless of age, litre size, block 20 or 205, car fitted into etc....

You'll need a Pick up Pipe too. That will need to be shortened as well.

Dan :)