Robin Hood Sales

Guest Battery Bill

Guest Battery Bill

Without wishing to throw any more coals on the already simmering fire I would like to let you know of my mate Dave (Bonnet Heads) recent experience with the Robin Hood company.

He "Was" due to pick up his 2B kit from them last weekend and took time off and arranged a helper and a van.

Due to recent non events at RH he decided to phone up and check that everything was OK, throughout the day he tried to phone them using all the numbers he had including the techhelp line but had no luck. He even left a message on the answer phones asking for them to contact him, Luckily he did not hold his breath for them to reply :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eventually he managed to get someone on the Techline, he was not sure who it was but this person sounded very odd and did not seem to know what was happening, and promised that he would get someone who did know to ring back. (Guess what ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Later on Dave phoned again and got another person whom seemed to know a bit more but told Dave he could not collect that weekend and then started to give out more and more reasons why, apparently the kit was not complete it had amongst other things, No shockers. Then it was revealed that the plans had been to supply Daves Kit with Zimmers! :o Dave mentioned Gaz's and was told that the advert just states "Suspension" not Gaz's <_<

He was then told that the collection of the non complete kit "could" take place but Dave had to pay "Cash" not use a debit card like he was originally told.

To cut a long story short Dave decided he had no confidence in the shambles that he had experienced and told them to cancel the order as they had broken the contract and asked for his money back, this has not happened as of yet but Dave will be taking legal action if it does not.

Having been thouroughly messed arround with RH he decided to drive over to the Westfield factory where he experienced a totally different setup. they were really helpful took him out on several test drives and showed him around the factory.

Dave decided to order one for collection and at that point mentioned to the rep about his experiences with RH, Mr Westy suggested that in his business community which is a very close knit one the opinion was that RH are finished and he then gave Dave a £250 credit note to use on his new Westy to cover the Deposit that he may have lost with RH.

So this as you can imagine has left Dave with rather bad feelings towards RH, and I think anyone thinking of putting down a deposit with RH should be very careful as they may lose their money :ph34r:

Now remember this is not "Gossip" this if all facts that happened in the past week or two.

Perhaps RH can let us know why they are "Cash" only sales now?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RJHALL

Factual Reply!

Mr DJ Longden spoke to me regarding collection of his kit.As most customers know we have been 2 people down in the sales office for the last 3 weeks due to holidays hence it has been difficult to contact us on occasion

We tried several times to contact Mr Longden to confirm his collection and left a number of messages

Mr Longdens kit was ready for collection as promised we arranged to open on Saturday to allow him to collect but advised him that as we would not have a member of staff authourised to take credit card payments on the day we would need payment either by card on the Friday or cash on the Saturday

We also offered an alternative collection date if he prefered - we even offered to deliver!

The Avo shocks were ordered as a upgrade by Mr Longden and we purchased these for him they were ready for collection along with the kit

The order signed by Mr Longden clearly states that the order can be cancelled but this would result in the loss of the deposit

We were dissapointed he chose to cancel and wish him well with his Westfield

We continue to accept payment by Credit card,Debit card,bankers draft and cash or cheques

Guest Battery Bill

Richard

We tried several times to contact Mr Longden to confirm his collection and left a number of messages

I am only going by what Dave told me but it seems rather Odd that both RH and Dave struggled so badly when trying to contact each other!

We also offered an alternative collection date if he prefered - we even offered to deliver!

I think by the time it got to this stage he had lost all confidence in RH <_< <_<

What an excellent reply Richard and it's good to here from you. We need more posts like that, straight from the horses mouth to dispel all the rumors.

Now, what are you doing about the lightwaight?

Guest richlloyd

I think its a case of listen to both sides and come to your own conclusion. Otherwise it look like you have set out to bring down/ taint the image of RHSC. With out them we are nothing but a club with no suppliar, which would lead to no new members, new problems, questions. The fact this that we all like discussing the good and the bad of RH but without them we may as well drive Corsa's and saxo's and refer to each other as bruv.

Guest hypermick

Or alternatively,...........why not telephone them,........ask them outright what is going on,. :huh:

Just like I did today.

Funny how you get all the right answers when you ask the right people. :mellow:

Just as I thought,. reorganisation takes time and breathing space, :unsure: and thats what theyre currently working on, :) given the resources they presently have available.

Mick

Guest Battery Bill

Mick

Dave told me, and I have no reason to disbelieve him and have others who witnessed him trying to get through to RH without success.

And he never got any messages on the answerphone either. <_<

I have only told it as came from Dave, so its not a rumour, He is not the only person who has complained about the difficulty in getting through to RH lately so something is wrong!

I have to say when I last phoned them re a new Bonnet I got through straight away -_-

Guy

What an excellent reply Richard and it's good to here from you. We need more posts like that, straight from the horses mouth to dispel all the rumors.

I got this story straight from the Horses mouth last night :rolleyes:

Dave was the customer who wanted a RH but gave up in the end.

Now, what are you doing about the lightwaight?

Over to you Richard :D :D

Guest Trevor 2B

It appears to have been forgotten by some that this forum is for the benefit of the MEMBERS of it rather than a support mechanism for RHSC.

Bill has provided a set of factual observations which (correct me if I am wrong Bill) was aimed at the protection of other members.

The worst case scenario here is that RHSC stop trading for some reason (and I do hope not) and members loose money as a result.

RHSC have access here to defend themselves on all the current issues, as they have done to Bill's statement, but as Bill has just pointed out when pushed on other subjects go quiet.

Trevor has hit the nail on the head, this the RHOCaR community where we are here to help each other out. Not an RHSC support forum, although I do not mind them posting here, please do no expect answers from RHSC or complain if you do not get any answers at all.

Secondly (like Bill) post ONLY facts that you know, not facts from a mate in the pubs friends girlfriend.

Guest Tim Norman

Just a point of order. Richard Hall is a Club member and was well before joining his current place of work. All e has done is, as was pointed out earlier, put the other side of the story forward.

All I need now is for ian Rowley to answer my email regarding the Lightweight. Note I can not hold my breath as long as I used to. :blink:

Guest crwoodford

Bill (BB) Great to have you back!! ;)

I (We) have missed you, you have been both slated (lightheartedly) and commended on several issues during your holiday absense (mostly slated :lol:) , and I personally have mentioned your Website at least once while you have been away.

Good to have you back!! :D

Cheers

Col (Taunton)

Guest hypermick

Guy,. Ive no reason to doubt you.

The last posting I made is based entirely on todays call to RHSC.

I'm sure if either of the two Richards or Ian have anything to add, which helps us all see the bigger picture then this will help dispel any myths circulating and will be a valuable contribution.

I'm done with this topic. Im perfectly satisfied with the answers I was given and if I have to order anything from RHSC as the build progresses then I'll do it based on what I now know.

Mick

Guest salty_monk

Hi Bill.... Bugger off back on hols will you... I was trying to catch up with your spam count... :p :lol:

We've been trying to flog some of your new gold plated sumps for you whilst you've been gone!! :D

Hope you had fun, see you in a few weeks! Get your mate Dave down to Llandow for some fun.... teach him that even if the company is in dis-array at the moment the Owners club is damn good fun; we may even forgive him for driving a mechano set errr Westfield :p :lol:

Dan :)