2b Sliding Suspension

Guest adamread

Guest adamread

HI,

I've recently acquired a part-built 2B as a first foray into kit-car building.

I've come a little unstuck as some key components seemt o missing, and in particular I'm looking for some sliding suspension parts.

Does anyone know if RH still support these parts or is there anywhere, I might get the following - perhaps from a member who's converted to wishbone?

1 x spring

1 x top swivel

2 x 78mm washers

2 x 68mm washers

2 x M9 x 1.0mm nuts

1 x top nut (dont know thread)

I've also only been blessed with tapes 1 & 3 so if anyone knows of any copies I'd be grateful.

Cheers,

Adam

Guest chris brown

First of all Adam welcome to the site and to the world of Hoodies.

I must agree with Dan (salty monk) as you are very early on in the build if it were me I would seriously consider converting to wishbones. you will find you will have lots to do before you have to make the decision bet keep a watch on Bill's web site http://www.joeybrown.co.uk/ (He's got me doing it now Dan) as he is in the process of converting 2 and intends to do a kit if all goes to plan.

PS fill in your profile so people know where you are as you never know there may be someone just down the road building as well. Also it is worth joining the club even at this early stage as that gives you access to all members in your area as well as getting an excellent mag 4 times a year.

Guest salty_monk

Beer, Hob Nobs, hot tea normally work well as bribes round here... :D

To be honest.... you can probably make it up as you go along as well as the video's.

Join the club, post lots of questions, if you get really stuck host a tyre kicking morning or summat...

Dan :)

Guest adamread

Thanks for the advice,

I'll take a look at fitting wishbone suspension but feel it may go out the window on the basis that I hope this cars just to cut teeth on...would like to perhaps invest in a fresh new shiny kit of my own next once this is conquered.

I've updated the profile, I'm in Ashford, Kent if anyone else is down here?

A copy of Tape 2 + 4 (is there a 4?) are all thats required if you can? Beer, Tea & Smarties are available as bribes.

Adam

Forgot to say..

As stands the car has been fitted with the rear end running gear and pending sorting the front out will be a rolling chassis.

Side and rear panels on, floor in, tunnel in, steering part in (no bottom bush), ropy 1600 pinto in.

At least once the front done I'll be able to shift in about the garage.

Finally, is there anyhitng to stop you putting the track rod end in the correct way, i.e. upside down?

The rack is in but not chocked up much and looks to me like it will fit ok.

Adam

yes there is a tape 4

with all the afterthought safety related bits after the people who bought the first batch corrected his mistakes ;p

will see what i can do, but may take a week or so

dave

Thanks for the advice,

I'll take a look at fitting wishbone suspension but feel it may go out the window on the basis that I hope this cars just to cut teeth on...would like to perhaps invest in a fresh new shiny kit of my own next once this is conquered.

I've updated the profile, I'm in Ashford, Kent if anyone else is down here?

A copy of Tape 2 + 4 (is there a 4?) are all thats required if you can? Beer, Tea & Smarties are available as bribes.

Adam

Forgot to say..

As stands the car has been fitted with the rear end running gear and pending sorting the front out will be a rolling chassis.

Side and rear panels on, floor in, tunnel in, steering part in (no bottom bush), ropy 1600 pinto in.

At least once the front done I'll be able to shift in about the garage.

Finally, is there anyhitng to stop you putting the track rod end in the correct way, i.e. upside down?

The rack is in but not chocked up much and looks to me like it will fit ok.

Adam

Guest salty_monk

Plenty of members down in Kent... get your cheque book out & join the club & you'll get a list.

We can then get you on our email list & you'll get copied on location of meets etc etc

The taper is all wrong, and also you will get horrendous bump steer.

BUT do it that way for the SVA.....they definitely object to the "wobbly drill" advice

on the tape.

You will probably need to change it post SVA.

HTH Bob

PS there is a meet at the MOAT at the bottom of Wrotham Hill tomorrow night, 7ish onwards.

http://www.5minutesaway.co.uk/motorway/inf...on%202%C2%A0M20