I Want A New Job

Guest red7

Steve

saw this job in the Manchester Evening News the other day.

its working for the highways agency with Jims big scalectrix set

in fact it sounds like you could end up being Big Jims gaffer!!

£40k a year - better than a poke in the eye with a sh*tty stick!! :)

Steve

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the website - Fylde Guitars - see what the boss man says, Rog might be up for it, probably want something for nothing... as usual ! but could be a nice departure for you for a while.........

Guest Battery Bill

Steve, I, S

£40k a year - better than a poke in the eye with a sh*tty stick!!

It puts me off jobs when they offer salaries like that, you tend to have to live in the office and take your work home with you :o :o

I'm happy with less money and less stress thanks :D :D

Steve R, 7

I don't think its much of an entry on your cv that you have a few Who, Led Zep, Pink Floyd albums :lol: :lol: :p :p

Guest hypermick

Its each to his own,really, isn't it.

But I am a firm believer that to be happy in your work you have to have the will to want to do it.

Bill's approach to less money without the stress is a good one. If youre looking for longeivity (in life - not the job) you wont do it with stress, unless you actually thrive on stress which is quite different, but its essential that you dont add to it with financial stress (usually in self employment) because thats the bu@@er that will kill you, and thats speaking from experience of seeing it happen to other colleagues.

Steve, I'd go with your gut feeling on the Lake District thing, I can't see what youv'e got to lose, especially with the mountaineering & ski boat experience, thats a start and youre probably far more adaptable to do other things within that domian than you actually realise (could also arrange guided Lake District walking parties say with a 12 seater- but you'd need a PSV ? (I think) and adequate insurance cover),. just a thought.

Mick

Guest Battery Bill

Or single person rides round the Lake District in a Red Rocket :D :D :D

Mind you it would mean you would have to buy a 2B though Steve :lol: :lol: :p :p

Mick

I have never really had any interest in being self employed, like you say too much stress involved :mellow: :mellow:

Good luck Red7 anyway :D :D

Guest hypermick

Point taken Bill,. (no suggestion that it would be for you) it doesn't suit everyone, but sometimes to get things done the way you want them , you have no alternative.

I know one thing, from when I started my working career (longer ago than I want to admit) - if today I was still sitting behind a desk, I would now be an early fifties zombie. JEEEZZZ the thought of it. :wacko:

Instead my current day in the present working role is 2am - 9.30am, which really means I should be in bed now, not tippetty tappettying on here. -_- -_-

Fortunately the jobs only 30 mins away for the morning ( and I dont need to leave till 4am, ready to start at 5am ) says he yawning !

I bet Wednesdays will be Bl@@dy miles away, just to balance it up again. :( :(

Mick.

Guest TerryBarry
Instead my current day in the present working role is 2am - 9.30am, which really means I should be in bed now, not tippetty tappettying on here. -_- -_-

Fortunately the jobs only 30 mins away for the morning ( and I dont need to leave till 4am, ready to start at 5am ) says he yawning !

Mick.

2am to 9.30 - ( leave at 4am ready to start at 5am.)

Sounds like very flexi-time to me :D

I don't know about being Big Jims gaffer, I think he has a problem with authority. But the job sounds OK.

Steve do you work at Overwater the Bass guitar makers?

That's my gaffers, gaffer. the original ones face didn't fit, although he was a nice chap. Because of the stress levels as you go higher up, that's why I went for just the operators job instead of supervision, 30 years of it in engineering was enough.

Oh! and Steve, I don't have any problem with authority, however I do have one with idiots!

Jim, one of the highly motivated 60 operators http://www.advancedhumanresources.com/ha09.htm