Wheel Advice Please!

Guest zims123

Guest zims123

:huh: Please could somebody advise me, i have just come into posession of an old S7 (Cortina based). The car has only travelled 4500 miles since build in 1993. Firstly as the car has been through several MOTS do i have to take the thing through a SVA (The car was last legally on the road in 1998), secondly it has some awful wheels on it, so considering the hubs are cortina based can i fit relatively new ford alloys or am i looking at old RS2000 or capri laser ones????

Sorry if its dull but i need to get into this so i have started planning for a full year on the road in 2004

Hi Mark welcome to the club, hope you have joined? anyway I am pretty sure you can use any rear drive ford wheels (apart from Granadas as they have 5 studs!) so Sierra, Cortina, Crapi. The front drive cars have different offset so ignore those. Some peugeot wheels fit but they have a different size centre hole so should be fitted with a spacer ring thingy.

Peter

re. SVA you shouldn't have to do it provided the paperwork is correct. I think it would be a lot of hard work to get it through.

It all depends what it says on the log book. If it says something like "2 seater sports" then you willbe OK, if it says "Cortina rebodied" or something that still referes to the original car, you could be in the brown smelly stuff.