Lightweight Problems And Club Squables

Snapperpaul

This thread on the Locostbuilders web site upset me but in light of the threads to do with the lightweight and the RHSC problems it is how we could be percieved.

I have many thoughts but open this up to either be rationaly discused or quietly pondered upon..........

Locost thread

Guest ScotMac

I believe that the club needs to be more open to outsiders, which is a better way to get people to join up, as opposed to the belittling of community users and the constant harping on them to join.

Guest stu205

I think Tim has said once before that all are welcome on the forum and anyone harping on about joining the club DONOT speak for the club, I know this post has been done to try and ease tentions but todays news tomorrows chip paper springs to mind

Based on the fact that the club has about 1000 members, and we have 268 RHOCaR members marked on here, with almost 1500 non members, I'd hardly say we where that bad. However no maer what car they have, if they come here they are welcome (unless they are posting an advert which is reserved for the benefit of members, and has done as long as teh site has been around)

Guest Tim Norman

I am at the moment completely *bleep* off with the attitude of some people on the forum who seem to have taken it upon themselves to demand payment for advice etc.

This forum wasn't set up to get money, it was set up to help. To help anybody that needed it.

If these people continue, they can help themselves to the Chairmanship coz I don't want to be associated with a Club that is percieved so poorly as that portrayed on the Locost site :(

please don't go. reading that thread was a real eye opener as to what has been going on and i must admit to reading a good few posts this year where a member has promted a community user to cough up. even if it is only £15 plus benefits.

i have to say in defence though that i was a community user for at least a couple of years while i was building my hood and didn't get hastled.

i used the forum like a forum should be, to ask questions and bounce a few ideas around.

so please dont feel guilty about using the place like a hotel!!!:)

Guest Ian & Carole

Well said Tim !!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Robin !!!!!!!!!!

Thats why we are here ???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to get on / move on.

Membership MUST be the choice of each and every INDIVIDUAL baised on what they want and need ?

Ian J

Guest warwick7735

Hi All

Funny all that about the membership, I sent a pic of my LW for the calender and was sent an email back about joining the club, after all I had probably reaped the benefits.

Warwick

Guest Ian Marr

Well I'll be ... I get busy at work for a month or so and blimy what a load of water (blood!) under the bridge. Has the world gone mad?

Looks like we have some serious issues on the go and at times like this we should be rallying around and supporting each other not turning our frustrations on each other.

The club and this forum has had a breath of fresh air over the recent past and our attendance at shows is the envy of many a 'rival'.

As the guy on the locust site says it's time to call order.

I can understand their views, the Lightweight issue caused lots of rumpled feathers, lots of long political posts and a few snotty PMs as well :rolleyes: I suspect most people are fed up of them.

There are now lots of posts on sorting out the lightweight issues and getting them on the road, which is excellent :D

Blimey!!!! a bird with massive ti#s just walked passed my window :o I quite lost the jist of what I was typing :rolleyes: I'll set the web cam up and take a picture next time :p