Chassis Number

Snapperpaul

With the possibility of an SVA next year, I am trying to make sure that all my paper work is in order.

Correct engine number is being dealt with as we speak, i have a good scan of the original reciept from Robin Hood provided by the original owner although he cannot find the original. Reciept for the donor and the original V5.

What do i do about a Chassis number for my Hood?

And have i missed anything in my quest for good paperwork?

And have i missed anything in my quest for good paperwork?

Paul, do you have a receipt from the guy you bought the kit from, as I was almost given a Q plate because I had mislaid it, even though I had the original receipt for the kit from RH - ended up getting a duplicate though

Simon

Guest chris brown
hi chassis no in my area is issued by dvla,

it would appear that they prefer it that way,

graham

Check with your local office (DVLA that is) as some allow you to make up your own. I did and was ok at the Petrebrough office.

Paul, do you have a receipt from the guy you bought the kit from, as I was almost given a Q plate because I had mislaid it, even though I had the original receipt for the kit from RH - ended up getting a duplicate though

Simon

I nearly had this trouble as there had been a couple owners and there was 1 receipt missing. i had the orignal from the factory and the one from who i bought it off but there was an owner in between. the person dealing with it was helpful and somehow worked around it.

if you have one missing, it could always "turn up" on your printer tray <_<

I made up my own chassis number. As the car scarred me all over my arms, I felt it only appropriate to brand it back!!! My chassis number perfectly fitted the 17 character limit. I made it the make and model, year and month of build and my name.

RH2B1203ANDYPARRY

post-220-1165062359_thumb.jpg

When I sent my paperwork off to the DVLA, they didn't comment or query it at all.

Tip:- When you come to stamp it in to a stainless chassis, put the chassis on axle stands so that the suspension does not absorb the hammer blow, then hit the stamp with a really heavy hammer only once very very hard!! See if you can do a better job of it than I did! :p :p

Guest Phil Slater

I had a "Built Up vehicle Inspection" carried out a few weeks prior to my SVA. The local office then issued me with a chassis number. Having already had the inspection done it meant I could go straight from the SVA Centre (car having passed of course ;) to the DVLA office (which was close to the test centre and get the car registered.

Battery Bill made me a pair up in stainless steel. What a nice fellow! When I tried to stamp the cross member at the front of the chassis it just dented. Anyway, here's a picture of one of them. It is riveted to the firewall. The other is permanently attached to the front cross member (ie, welded) and you can read it off by looking through the nosecone grille. The DVLA man was quite happy.

The number was made up in the usual way - RHE2B + invoice number + completion date + my initials and there wasn't a problem with it. Brighton DVLA were very helpful, in fact.

post-43-1165310450_thumb.jpg

Guest STEVE OXON

oxford dvla came out and did built up inspection .issued me a chassis number next day. i engraved on chassis AND put data plate on body under bonnet as required.. then i had an mot before sva and the garage signed that chassis number was indelibly stamped on chassis. thats all they required. passed sva (eventually) then went straight to oxford and registered the car in the afternoon.

steve