Project Ford Sidevalve!

Andy Spencer

Er Bob........you failed and had to have professional tuition, right ? :p :p

I was too mean,, ( still am ) to pay. and there was a long waiting list, :p and lots of other excuses :p

:D :D :D B) B)

Guest chris brown
I passed on 4th July - can't remember which year though :unsure:

:p :p :p Did you have turkey followed by pumpkin pie to celebrate? :p :p :p

BTW can’t remember when I took my test but it was in a 1934 Y type Ford 8 somewhere around 1959-60 ish :wub: :wub:

Andy,

My first vehicle was a Ford 100e Van in very faded red. The only way to make the paintwork shine was to cover it in a very thin film of oil. I paid £5 for it from my father's butcher's shop. Next was a black 100e saloon which also cost £5. A lorry had pushed it into the kerb and bent the front supension. A quick visit to the local breakers yard sorted the required parts. I drove that car from Hampshire to Glasgow, around west Scotland and then back. The brakes were sh*te as were the windscreen wipers.

On one occasion we put a Weber carb onto it. It certainly went a great deal faster, but we had petrol leaking everywhere!

Good luck and ................ thanks for the memories!!

Martin

The engine is an E93A is it a 10hp or a 8hp if its a10 you need to source an 8 hp head for more umph

Aquaplane used to a lot of go faster bits back in the 60`s must still be some around, Dave

Its got an aquaplane head on it, also some sort of hotter cam. Got twin SU's as well to go on but I think we'll just get it on the road first, then fettle a bit after.

Wipers are a mechanical conversion, very weedy looking mechanism. Lots of head scratching over the weekend about just where do we start.......so we sorted some of the wiring and got some fluid round the front brakes and got the reconned slave cylinders on.

Its never going to be a car to take far but hopefully we'll get it to Donington later in the year!

Andy