Washer Bottle

Guest allenr03

Guest allenr03

Where the f, where does it fit? I have run out of room on the scuttle/firewall! Is it a problem if it's fitted before SVA since I won't be fitting the screen, wipers, jets etc. I guess it would be better to fit it after SVA, but its bugging me!!

Mine is on the engine side of the passenger footwell panel, quite low down. Compared to Enforcer’s photo, mine is to the left of the battery and down to the floor. Came off an MGF, fitted easily. If you get one from a scrappy, take a chisel to get the mounting plate off as well. Another idea is to use the soft bags with pump built in, like on an MGB. Cost a few bob though.

HTH, Brian

Guest peter2b2002

if you fit it where enforcer has , it's a sod to refill if you have a standard bonnet, i know that cos i had mine there, changed it for a bag type washer bottle£12.00 from my local auto factors

pete2b

Guest salty_monk

My first one had the Sierra bottle mounted over the top of the steering column... what a pig's ear that was!

I changed to a soft bag 10 quid on Ebay & stuck it where enforcer has it. I put a plate in front to stop scared passengers from kicking it... :D

New one has a small solid one, mounted in engine bay.

As said above would not recommend footwall with standard bonnet, only croc type.

Dan :)

I used one that was supplied for a super spec fitted it vertical in the pasenger footwell like Enforcers ,with

11/4" solvent weld plumbing fittings to make a filler neck with a screw top cap . The pipe comes through the

bulkhead above the battery.

Dave

Guest superspec

I threw away the bottle/motor unit supplied by RH and bought a smaller one from car builder solutions. this i mounted in the boot of the superspec. I drilled a hole in the carbon fibre boot trim and used a srew top bottle fitted throught the hole. the bottom of the bottle i bonded on the washer bottle. Bingo easy to fill from the top of the boot.

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

Similar story - bought one from car builder solutions but mounted in on the drivers side top chassis rail in the engine bay (just after the pedal box). fits adequately.

Guest rhetorical-oracle

I used the RH supplied washer bottle, attached to the passenger footwell on the engine side. It's under the battery tray, so I ran a pipe from the battery tray down to the bottle to allow for filling it. Works perfectly.

Phill