My Engine Rebuild

Guest tom2b

Yes Tom its about the same as my castle but try it without then with. when i put mine on it was very hot

weather and i put it down to that fitted an electic fan and bonnet vents still cooking, then going to manchester on a cool morning on the motorway temp was creeping up but when i stopped at the end of the slip road it cooled down, but when i drove on it got warm again. I took the grill off and its been fine . I think the air hits the castle vortices around and stops any air going in.

Dave

Guest chris brown

Do as Dave says it's suppressing how much difference it makes but I suspect your RS will be ok I know that the smurf runs allot cooler than the expanded sheet one I had on before.

BTW as far as cooling is concerned the biggest difference is made by cowling in the rad so air cannot spill over the top and round the sides

Guest salty_monk

I had to get a bigger rad for mine (it had the single core so could do with it anyway) as it got hot. I never thought about the grill... might have to try it without at some stage. Mine is quite a close diamond pattern ally.

How can I represent "salty_monk" as a logo... :p :lol:

Dan :)

Guest robinperks

Wish my engine looked like that! What colour did you use for the rocker cover? looks very similar to the unknown colour of my exmo!

Any idea on the total weight of the engine with a type nine?

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob, im afraid i dont know the weight of the engine and box. I think the rocker cover is seat ink blue, with 3 coats of laquer on top of it. The pulleys are ford ink blue again with 3 coats of laquer and there appears to be little difference between them.

I cant remember how much it was, but it was reasonable. It was manufactured by the man who makes all the custom front grills, give him an email for a quote martinptownsend@aol.com

Guest robinperks

Thanks Tom, Ford ink blue, hmm think ill go check that out - just noticed your nose cone - cant be far off the same. I did see another exmo somewhere on the ol' internet the same colour as mine, any idea if Robin Hood used a standard choice of colour?

And back to engine, what kind of spec have you built this into?

Probably not far off the gel coat colour, i dont know what colour rh use though. Personally when i get mine resprayed ill probably get it done ford imperial blue the same as joels car, link to his car : CLICKY

My engine spec is 2,060cc only 30cc short of a 2.1 :(

Lightened crank and flywheel

Modified dizzy from Bestek ignitions

Adjustable vernier

Piper 285 cam

Lightened crank pulley, think its an RS2000 one

Skimmed head

Twin 40s

Might of missed some bits but i think thats all, its not a monster spec engine but should be enough power for me