Site Closure Threat

Snapperpaul

However, If the current trend of whining every time a thread is deleted or moderated continues, the site owner will make this site disappear, initially for just a day or two but eventually for good.

We are not heartless and we don't like censoring free thought, we are not the bad boys, we are just the people who give up our time and in many cases resources to make this site and Club on of the best, and to be honest we are getting annoyed at being slagged off for the decisions we make on here.

Whilst i understand the sentiments here, beware, you would also punish the majority of people that use the site respectfully and have not moaned or created a fuss.

It would be like closing a pub, once people have found there way to another forum they may not come back so quickly.

The Moderators have the power and if a thread is moderated and people winge so what .

Carry on moderating the threads that are abusive or get out of hand.

Use the banning of people from the site ( initially for short periods of time) as per the rules.

Tougher penalties for the serial abusers. They will soon tire of not having there say.

Beware the person whoose sole purpose is to wind you up and get the site closed.

We, the majority of people, want to carry on enjoying the club and the site.

I don't want this site to become one of the sites where foul language and abuse are common place.

But i do want the site to carry on...... So Moderate for the good of the site

i totaly agree, as i do use this site alot ( was ticked off today, for posting to much crap, myself. ) and i would miss it, just because it is abused by some users, myself included

I appreciate that the moderators, mat etc do alot for the site. Please keep it up and dont let the minority ruin it for the masses. Dont know how ill finish my car without this site!

Guest salty_monk

One of my friends car clubs went through this, they closed the main forum & 6 of them started up a spin off site.

That is now bigger than the original with a much better atmosphere. Be a real shame if we went through the same thing.

Moderating will always be difficult. The primary rule is if we don't like the way the site is moderated then we all have the choice to "go forth & copulate".

Dan :D

first of all can i appologise if i have in anyway offended or upset any member, or any of the moderators in any way .

i have had a grizzle at a couple of things that have happened ,but that was because of ignorance of the rules of the forum.

as paul says pull the offender not the whole forum.

i could not have built the cars i have withought the info and support of this forum.!!!!

i will continue to support and help any members for as long as i am able to do so .

graham

In my opinion there are a lot of people who give up their time and resourses for the good of the club. They should be supported by the members not abused for the decisions thet make. If you feel you could do better then stand up and help these people not publicly slag them off for the whole world to see.

Well done the committee and the moderators. Dont let the minority spoil a good club..

Stu has posted a copy of the forum rules at the head of the Chit Chat forum.

Can I also just say that all registered users have clicked a button to indicate their agreement of these rules at the time of their registration. The text comes up in a box during the registration process, so it's not altogether fair to say you have not seen them.

With respect to the role of the Moderating Team, I have written the following which I believe clarifies our mandate.

The Moderating Team's job is to police the forums to ensure that the above guidelines are adhered to for the good of the community. By using this forum you agree that any decision made by a moderator with respect to any of your posts is final and may not be challenged.

I think having them pinned are a good idea as im with CMA on this one, when clicking the agree button i only really scan the rules. Having them easily accesible to the forum now means people can clarify the rules at there leisure and hopefully post sensibly in the future

From what i have seen the only rules that are frequently broken are not putting a price on a for sale....

No big deal and usualy moderated quickly.

Spamming threads.... this is a bit anoying if its your thread and you want answers.

Rudeness and agression..... no excuse for this whatsoever... Moderators to close thread after warning shot across the bows.

We have people on this site with firm opinions and some who are sometimes abrupt.

If a question is asked a hundred times it is probably the first time that the last person has asked it and it makes me feel involved if i have a helpfull answer or opinion. I always bear in mind that my answer or opinion is not final, other people have done in a different way and the person asking for advise may decide to go a different route after collecting a bunch of answers.

Refering to the board rules which end,

By using this forum you agree that any decision made by a moderator with respect to any of your posts is final and may not be challenged.
Can you add that opening a parallel thread to discuss the closed thread or attempts to undermine the position of the moderators will earn the poster some down time. Just what is so hard about following the request 'play nice'.

Nigel