Nice Day For A Drive

eddieH

We dusted the cobwebs off the 2B this morning and took it for its first drive since January. We went out into the New Forest around Beaulieu - there's a nice mix of long straights and tight twisty bits. Pity that the speed limit is 40 but I suppose it reduces the risk of hitting a wild horse! There was a scary moment when a motorbike decided to overtake us whilst doing a wheelie just before a blind bend :o . I don't know who was more suprised - me or his pillion passenger! Anyway, here's a picture from a little car park by the side of the road.

post-988-1173546438_thumb.jpg

A few people came over to have a chat - one guy was thinking of building a kit car but his wife didn't seem quite so keen.

Who else was out enjoying the good weather?

Edward

Managed to slip out for an hour this afternoon "need to get some petrol" was the reason ;) had a great drive around the Hertfordshire countryside and used up all the fuel I had just put in :blush:

oh well may have to go out again tomorrow :spiteful:

john

Guest keith12

I have been out at every opportunity since the beginning of march, but last night in the pub I got the dreaded moan that since I have had the car I am neglecting her and the kids.

So i suppose I had better take her out occasionally. :(

Guest keith12
I have been out at every opportunity since the beginning of march, but last night in the pub I got the dreaded moan that since I have had the car I am neglecting her and the kids.

So i suppose I had better take her out occasionally. :(

Off down to the classic meet I posted in the week, sun is shining, there is a bar and I am taking the wife

2 out of 3 ain't bad, only kidding "as she stands behind me" :drinks:

Guest Gregs

Just got back from taking the car for it's first proper run - 50 mile trip redditch to Stratford to Warwick and back home. Car fantastic, weather great.

Car has developed a mettalic rattle from around the exhaust on load.... something else to look at! - might just be the RHE can?

MPG seems better after retarding the ignition a bit, and much torqueier.

Only one occasion of almost being killed - overtaking a 30mph dorris & a 4x4 the 4x4 decided he wanted to over take too, just 2 minor issues - I was pratically alongside him when he decided it was a good idea, and had to brake to avoid being underneath him, and secondly once he had pulled out he had the acceleration of snail in reverse... only just getting past in time for the oncoming traffic. :huh:

Car has developed a mettalic rattle from around the exhaust on load.... something else to look at! - might just be the RHE can?

Probably pinking, check your timing again :)

Guest Gregs
Probably pinking, check your timing again :)

always the simple things isn't it? :blush:

Had advanced even further rather than retarding, (note to self, don't work on car b4 9am sunday mornings!) although not sure why it took some miles to start pinking? - first time I've experinced this car pinking - doesn't half sound different through a pipe 2ft from your right ear! - could have sworn something was jangling against the outer panel

thanks for the prompt! :D

just got back from a run this afternoon :D

met Brian from west mids at Uttoxeter and did a tour of some nice country roads out toward Donington Park, then home via Ashbourne and Buxton.

160 miles on one tank of fuel, one coffee and one toilet stop :p :p

Steve

Guest shaggy

Nice one Steve - get in there. Wish I could have done a run, however, Kitchen mods come first at the moment - maybe in a couple of weeks if I behave myself............ :rolleyes:

Si

had a day off from decorating the lounge and the weather was good so we went for it.

dont tell the mrs but am having another day away from the paint roller tomorrow - going yomping over kinder scout and edale cross for the day :D :D

Steve

Guest manglemender

I was forced to go out in the Hood twice yesterday to test the new surrey top I've been sewing all winter.

I would have liked to re-test the surrey top again today but sadly I've had to go throught the annual "resurect the lawnmower" saga today; It only took a couple of hours and a bottle of meths. Then I had to build two new cupboards for the utility room.

I think next weekend will be out ogf the question, then I'm in India for 10 days :( :( :(

Nick