Crashed Me Pride And Joy

Guest keith12

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScotMac

My younger brother, while in college, was in similar situation, though he was the one "assuming" the turn (right in this case). The court found my brother completely at fault, and he ended up basically paying for a new mercedes in installments (broke college student) for many years, including interest.

Guest Dan_Beeston

Not sure if it will help or not, but I thought the highway code stated you should wait for a turn signal AND a change of speed or direction from an oncoming car before pulling out onto a major route?

Sorry to here about it anyway, shout up if you need local hoodies to come & help with the repairs to get you to Stoneleigh!

Keith sorry to hear your bad news. :( I can sympathise with you on this I had the same thing happen to me six months ago.

I was driving down a main road in my tintop when a young lady pulled out of a side road and hit me. it happened so fast I didn't even get time to brake. :blink:

Leaving me with bad whiplash and a banged up shoulder :shok:

Six months on and I'm still fighting with my solicitors and the third party insurance :aggressive:

Hope you get it all sorted soon and back on the road. :D

Guest keith12

Thank you to everyone for your support and input I have just got back from the pub so I feel a lot better :drinks: the wife seems to be suffering from whiplash so its the doctors for her in the morning, looks like a neck support for her.

The offer of repairs is great but hopefully it can be resolved through a garage recommended by the insurance company, if not its beer and food at mine.I will keep you up to date of the situation as it unfolds, hopefully in my favour, but at the end of the day no one was seriously hurt and only a bit of metal twisted albeit mine. THANKS KEITH

Guest timswait

Sorry to hear of this, it's gutting when it happens :( . I had someone pull out into the side of my car, again someone going the other way waved him out and he didn't check my way. Luckily the speeds were low so there was only a bit of bent bodywork, and also he was very reasonable about it, admitted it was his fault and paid for my parts without having to involve insurance companies. It still took me a few weeks to get back on the road though.

I hope the damage isn't too serious and the insurance companies come to see it your way. :rolleyes:

Guest paulh

Hi Keith,

Just to lend another angle to this... what did you insurance company say when you called? I was in a similar situation, except i was encroaching onto the main road from a side road (The lady in the Alemra Tino was me in this situation! ;))

I was encroaching on the road so i could see around some parked cars, but when i called to report it to the insurance company, they told me, and i quote:

"The second your front wheels cross the white line on the road, you are blocking the main carriagway, and are therefore responsible for the crash".

So this is regardless of what i said about the other ladies inattention or speed. (It could have just as easily been indicating).

The police attended the scene and had told me (on the QT) pretty much the same thing. I held my hands up and decided to take it on the chin. As it was, it transpired that the other driver, her young son whom she was tending to in the back when she didn't see me, her passenger and said passenger's unborn child were all nominated on a damage claim received by my insurer! IIRC they received £3k for the two adults, £1k for bruises to the kid in the back and a future fee to be decided by medical experts upon the birth of the child, should any injuries occur that were likely to have been caused by the "trauma" of this 20mph crash!

So if this lady in the Tino is not liable then i don't know who is!!

Edited by paulh

Guest keith12

Sorry to hear of your accident Paul we all hope these things can be sorted out amicably and stress free as possible, given what you have said it looks like she is at fault but that really doesn't matter much we just all hope we could have turned back the clock and it never happened.

The only real winners will be the insurance companies because they will just increase the premiums at renewal time, even with protected no claims bonus try going elsewhere for a quote when your at fault if your renewal is extortionate

Guest tom2b

Insurance isnt always a fair system. If you have an accident on a country road with no markings down the middle it will end up as a knock for knock (i was told this when i had a tin top accident). Its not a fair system by any means, hope you get everything sorted out and continue to enjoy your kitcar.

Guest peter2b2002

i've always waited untill the on comming car has started to turn before i pull out, on a local round about the number of cars i see indicating left as they enter the roundabout only to continue past the first junction then leaving at the 2nd or 3rd turning

pete2b

Guest keith12
I've always waited until the on coming car has started to turn before i pull out, on a local round about the number of cars i see indicating left as they enter the roundabout only to continue past the first junction then leaving at the 2nd or 3rd turning

pete2b

I did not slow or start to turn so I think she was influenced by the waiting car turning right, it is a busy junction and difficult to get out the way she was going and there are always near misses there.

Hi Keith,

It simply sounds like she pulled out in front of you and is trying the "he was indicating left" ploy to get away with it. She will have to prove it and that's going to be hard.

Stick to your guns.

Glad you and the Mrs are okay.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest keith12
I was just driving home from a classic car meet when a woman in a Nissan tino pulled out on me at a T junction, I hit her side on resulting in the front of my pride and joy being demolished.

She claims I had my indicator on turning left, even if it was but i don't know it was who is at fault, I personally think she was as you should never assume that it is safe to pull out. As anyone been in the same situation, and what was the outcome thanks Keith :( :(

Damage report to follow

Great news just received a letter off the insurers and the woman involved has admitted full liability,Its now up to G B S C to get my car back on the road.

The damage was worse than i first thought but i am getting a front wishbone conversion for my grief :yahoo: