It Lives?

Snapperpaul

Loads of help and encouragement and a special thanks to Dave who alaid my fears when the bike carbs spewed out fuel

( i did not know that they overflowed and just drained out all over the place if over presured) we got it running and the sound was fantastic.

I need to sort the presure regulator and thanks to Gavinc, Now know how it works.

The neighbours have commented that they felt it first.. oops. Suddenlly this strange excentric man that works on this pile of bits is making a noise.

Still loads to do but a major milestone achieved.

Guest robinperks

Which carbs did you use? I have a set of r1's looking at me and i would like them to be under the bonnet of my exmo! only trouble im not to sure how?! :unknw:

Any advise would be really great! Running a 2.1 pinto. Also did you have much trouble with your megajolt - something else that i would like to do!

Thanks Rob

Guest paul091085

i did have a set of bike carbs on pinto manifold, but needed money so i sold them. now funds have recovered a bit, im looking at trying again. i know people prefer to use the R1 carbs, but is there a similar alternative that people have tried and had success with? looking on ebay they seem to have rocketed in price yet other makes seem a fair bit cheaper

Paul

Guest Takumi

You dont need to used R1, or ZZR carbs, or GSXR750 carbs.. anything over 33mm will be better than a 40dcoe in both performance and fuel economy..

I'm using carbs from YAMAHA FZR 600 -they are Mikuni BSR33 (=33mm throttles)

S1030651.jpg

Recently I've plumbed the crank case venting to the input for it on the carbs, after it decided to spray oil vapour all over the underside of the carbs and everything else in that area..

tak