2b Mirrors

baj25

Last bit for me to fit before SVA is mirrors. I’ve read the SVA guide and it seems that the hardest bit to pass in a 2B is seeing the floor line 10m behind eye line on the off-side over the rear wing. Is that right? Does the examiner sit in the car for this or presenter? Wouldn’t different height people see this differently? Just want to be able to check a bit on the drive before finally fixing.

Thanks, Brian

Guest Dan_Beeston

Are you fitting the standard RH mirrors?

I failed with these at Brum and had to re-locate them to the windscreen pillars (they were origionally mounted just in front of the windscreen)

The test is done with the tester in the car, but the two guys at Brum had different methods of testing (both prove the same point though I guess?)

Dan, Yes, I’m planning on fitting the RH mirrors. Were yours too low to see over the rear wing, or was there another problem with them? I know some people have passed with them but I don’t want to end up drilling holes everywhere trying to find a place that is suitable. My seats are very low down as well, which may make matters worse for me.

Brian

Guest Dan_Beeston

Hi Brian,

Yep, mine were too low to see over the arches, no problem with projections or 'owt.

The rear ride height was very high at SVA though, which probably didn't help!

I'm glad I moved them to the pillars, visibility from the drivers mirror is excellent (can't adjust the passenger side far enough in though!) They may cause a problem if I ever decide to fit side screens or wind deflectors though......

the rh mirrors will pass, mine did but the were mounted as near as possible to the screen, and passed, if your intending keeping them then you will have to mount them on 20mm blocks for them to "see" over the rear archs,

if not nows the time to fit gsxr mirrors, the look good and will pass sva, or tiger like i have now (but they tarnish quickly and soon look tatty)

If you come to the meet tomorrow Brian you will see how/what others have done.and hopefully we will have one direct from chadderton with Mac in hand

Mitch

Mitch,

I wont be able to make the meet, I'll be on my way to the North East to see my bro in law. I'm going to go to Hein Gericke (motorbike shop) in Preston for some mirrors- they have a good selection at good prices. I'd love to use the RH ones/save some cash, but I just don't want the crap of trying to get them to pass- I just want to bolt them on and forget them!

Hope the meet goes well, Brian

Bought a pair of honda hornet mirrors today, gixer mirrors were out of stock. Nice long arms, but comparing them to the RH mirrors, the mirror surface is not really any higher (from the ground). Am I correct in thinking that the higher from the ground the mirror surface is, the better to see over the rear arches? (seems common sense)

Brian