Pinto Engine Mounts

Guest max.esp

Guest max.esp

Hi everyone,

I'm at the stage of putting the engine in but the engine i have has no mounts for it. I bought some heavy duty ones which said they were universal but the threaded screw part doesn't go all the way through the engine mount brackets from the engine. If anyone has pictures of their engine mount brackets (the ones connected to the chassis) or any actual mounts or know where i can get some it would be much appreciated. It's a 1.8 ltr ford sierra pinto 1988 ish? (no V5) engine.

Thanks in advance

Graham

Guest chris brown
Hi,

Yes, they are the ones i need. Sorry, my description wasn't the best but i'm glad someone knew what i meant

Graham

Unfortunately they are getting hard to find second hand and are very expensive from Uncle Henry but do a search as this has been discussed before here is one link.

Guest robinj66

Pretty sure I've got ONE of the rubber mounts unless I threw it out in my last monummental clear-up [but it is definitely second hand]. It's yours for the postage (or I can bring it to newark if you can wait that long)

Graham,

Did you get sorted?

The pic shows 2 brand new engine mounts that I have. They mount a 2.5 litre diesel engine. They look quite similar to the Sierra ones.

Does anyone out there have the dimensions for the Sierra ones? If so, how do they compare to the ones shown in the drawing in my previous post?

Maybe these are the answer to our engine mount problems! :unsure:

Trev

post-1811-1179262579_thumb.jpg

Guest max.esp

Hi,

I haven't sorted them out yet. MK sports cars sell a pair at £42 but i can't get in contact with them to check if they are the correct ones. Your's look very similar. It's mainly the height of the threaded screw which goes through the engine mount bracket. If anyone knows what that should be please can you help.

Many thanks

Graham

Hi,

I have just measured the engine mount bracket thickness on my car (2.0l pinto from a Sierra) and they are appox 35mm. If yours are the same then the mounts in my picture are not long enough for you either. :( ..close but no cigar. Probably need a threaded stud lengh of around 60/65mm unless you do as Dave said and extend them.

Trev

Guest max.esp

Hi,

I'm going to go to my car on weekend, so i''ll let you know then. Thanks anyway, i'll give MK a ring and see if they can sort me out if not.

Graham

Guest max.esp

Just to round off they topic. I went to MK after ringing them up and found that the mounts they sell are the cast alloy ones from the block itself. However, they were really decent and let me use their jack and tools to take them out of a sierra they had on site. Got 2 decent mounts for free. In goes the engine.

Thanks to everyone for the help though.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klaxon

How about cutting a step in the top of the aluminium mounting bracket so as to reduce the thickness sufficiently for your stud to reach right thro'. I don't think the loss of strength would be crucial at the outbourd end.