Normandy Camping Trip

niduncan

Just returned from a weeks camping trip to Normandy in the Hood. Weather was very mixed from red hot to howling gales and torrential rain. The Hood did 700 miles without missing a beat even after the engine being soaked after a heavy rain fall. Luckily we took a sun canopy for the tent which, due to the torrential rain, ended up being a temporary garage for the Hood. The roads in Normandy are great, very quiet but a bit bumpy in places. Having a TomTom was a great asset, I don't thing our marriage would have survived my wife's map reading!

Hope you guy's going this weekend have some good weather.

Just finished packing the car.............again, 3 times now it all fits :search: , im going early tomorrow, and meeting the others in France first thing Sunday morning (to soft to do it all in one go, and i dont think Chris would survive a 10 hr drive ). really looking forward to it sould be very interesting as its the 1st time ive drove abroad properly (did a booze cruise once, but that doesnt count).

weather looks good at the moment, but that could all change as well we know.

Mitch

Guest chris brown

If the weather stays like it has been today then it should be a great trip I'm jealous already (must do it one year)

Have a good time all who are going regardless of the weather

Chris

Guest chris brown
were going back for the 65th anniversary in 2009 if your interested Chris, off to bed shortly, early get up tomorrow. enjoy Lemans,

Mitch

I'm interested Mitch, put me down for that one.