Newark (saturday)

Guest red7

I arrived at opening time (10.00) and made my way over to the RHOCAR club area. After saying my hello's to Tim, Sue, Ian, Lee, Chris P, Mitch & Chris, Eric, Peter etc etc. I wandered over to the Exhibition Hall. GBS probably had the biggest stand and I took a good look at the display Zero 7 & space frame, it looked a bit more flimsy than the MK but I'm not an automotive engineer.

The show was smaller than any Newark show I've been to, a shame since it's their 25th anniversary.

The heavy rain & flooding on Friday night had prooved hazardous to the Hoodies. The A1 had been shut due to flooding and Tim Norman had come close to being fried when a lighting bolt hit the road in front of him. Only Tim would describe his experience as "That lighting, It's bright sh1t".

The poor weather had put a lot of the punters off attending and the exhibitors I spoke to were very dissapointed. Will they be here next year?

In the afternoon the showers gave way to a spell of hot sunshine and a group of us sat around drinking Danish lager (thanks to Sue) and hearing Joey Browns motor racing tales. He's growing up fast and I was pleased to hear he's doing very well.

During the afternoon a Spitfire passed over the show field and pulled a few tight turns showing that un-mistakable wing profile and thilling us whith that wonderful merlin engine throb.

I set off home at four after a good day with the RHOCAR stalwarts.

Looking forward to Smallways in July and Tan Hill in August.

Guest shane1664

I too went ont he Saturday, I felt it wasnt as big as it had been in the three previous consecutive years, but now being just over a year & 4 months into the build i think its been the best one ive been to content wise! I had a real good look around some of the cars and ive got to say, there are some fantastic ideas out there B)

I forgot to ask for names, but a big thanks to Ian J and the two hoodies from sheffield with their 2.0i hoods, whom dad and I spent about 1/2 hour talking to, it was a real help to see good cars in "the flesh" :D

I want to be there in mine for the Donnington kitcar show ^_^

Shane

Guest Ian & Carole

Stupid or what we went Friday night! :cray: :crazy:

Verrrrrrrry wet.

Managed to spend the evening in the "Club Gazebo" and get completly smashed.

I feel sure photos are to follow as the boys guided me back to the Van and pour me through the door :rolleyes:

Good day saturday but the roof was on and off a few times.

Good BBQ on Sat night as always thanks Tim & Sue

newark07001.jpg

Better day today weather wise and good news we won the best attended again this year, that 10 yrs on the run well guys and girls.

newark07002.jpg

newark07004.jpg

Show is defenatly smaller than before.

See you all for the "Hog Roast" at Donnington.

Ian & Carole

Guest Tim Norman

25 years of Newark and 10 years on the bounce for us winning the best attendance. Big thanks to all who made the efforet despite the weather.

Graham and Clive accept the trophy from this years Miss Newark

post-13-1182104735_thumb.jpg

25 years of Newark and 10 years on the bounce for us winning the best attendance. Big thanks to all who made the efforet despite the weather.

Graham and Clive accept the trophy from this years Miss Newark

Even Sue's car made it!!!

big thanks to all for a cracking weekend :D

the friday journey down was one i would not care to repeat :o

left newcastle just after 4pm arrived at the show about 10pm

had to replace rotor arm 3 miles from home

both wipers parted company with car repeatedly(during a storm)

drivers side wing mirror enjoyed the ride, on the passenger seat!

but it was worth it to see Ian's cabaret on friday night

mahoosive thanks to all for making it such a hoot

your all stars :good:

special thanks to Tim(the master of quick wit and ready repartee :p ),Sue(barbie queen), Peter(the story teller)and everyone else that was there, too many to mention, not that i can remember much after chris paddon's flask of special blend and paul's ( i think)single malt , and graham (gdc) the bad influence who kept us up till 3am :drinks:

cant wait for the next one ;)

oh and all the help/p**s taking whilst fixing wipers :D

cheers

ek B)

Hi All,

Just thought I'd add my comments too. I had a really good time and my thanks go to Tim & Sue for their organisational skills.

It was great to put yet more faces to names and the time simply flew by. This was my first 'overnighter' and I'll be coming back for more now that my car is on the road (even if it's still not quite finished).

Some of you who were there may know (unless you managed to avoid me ;) ) that I'm having some issues getting my Hood & Sidescreens fitted properly. My first attempt hasn't been a 100% success so I spent some time with my camera this afternoon taking pics of how others have fitted their wethergear.

One particular fine example of sidscreen hinging caught my eye.......

:D :D :D :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

post-1241-1182108012_thumb.jpg

You dirty old man! :o

Don't worry about your roof problems mate. I've got a nice sequence of pictures showing you're Hoody mates offering advice for the next club mag. :D :D You're going to famous. :D :D See you soon for a run out. You need to earn that *bleep*awie Sticker!

We had a great time, thanks for Tim and Sue again you do a great job and are really appreciated, met a few of the newer members, its alway good to put faces to names from here.

But one complaint, where were all the bike carb'd cars when you need one to take pics of??

Steve, i wondered how you were going to get that pic on without looking a perv, but must admit that was a better view of her, reminded me of Morticia

Mitch

I know the answer to your bike carb question Mitch. B) They're all knackered. :D Hey I got bleeped in my previous post :o *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* :D Excellent *bleep* Spent most of today ironing out my electrical gremlins. My head hurts but all sorted now so it's off to see Mr MOT man this week.