Here We Go Again Le Mans 2008

Guest chris brown

Hi all

i was there in 2006 ,the site is ok you can walk to the track ,the only prob is the showers !!!!!!

so go to the camping shop and buy one of the showers solar ,fill it with water then let the sun get at it and you can get a good shower out of it ,there was about six of us getting a shower out of it,thanks to Brian and James .

sorry its a bit to far to go for me ,mybe in 3or4 years time!!

Duncan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest erichetherington

Duncan,

I've yet to find a campsite at Le Mans that has adequte showers and loos, it just adds to the general sense of community spirit all smelling the same :huh: :D

Eric

Guest chris brown
Hi all

i was there in 2006 ,the site is ok you can walk to the track ,the only prob is the showers !!!!!!

so go to the camping shop and buy one of the showers solar ,fill it with water then let the sun get at it and you can get a good shower out of it ,there was about six of us getting a shower out of it,thanks to Brian and James .

sorry its a bit to far to go for me ,mybe in 3or4 years time!!

Duncan

Kenny has gone one better than that. Solar heater suplemented by gas heater fed to a 12 volt pump (with solar cells to keep the batteries charged) works a treat.

Guest chris brown
How do you fit all this gear in a hood ?!?!

Easily just keep stacking it in you would be surprised how much can be got in, on and fastened to a hood

Ready for the off 2007

post-746-1205788938_thumb.jpg

Guest chris brown
That's an old photo Chris - Your car hasn't looked that clean for years!!!!!!

You know how to put the knife in don’t you Lee. :vava: That photo was just before we left last year. :yahoo: Oh yes it could be the last time it was cleaned. :wacko: :hi:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chris brown

:yahoo: Received the following email from the ACO today. So things are progressing :yahoo: :yahoo:

Chris

Dear Sir,

Your tickets (50 campsites in Bleu Nord) are printed, so you should receive them soon.

Best regards,

Service Réservation / Booking Office

Circuit des 24 Heures

72019 Le Mans Cedex 2

FRANCE

Tel: (0033)(0)892 697 224 (0,34€/min)

Fax: (0033) (0)2 43 84 47 13

www.lemans.org/ticket

Guest chris brown

Just had my account statement and I am afraid the cost has gone up somewhat from last year. The cost of the tickets has risen slightly but the main thing is the slump in the pound against the euro. So to make it easy I have decided to make it a straight £50. This does leave a few pounds over which I will either divi up at after the event or as last year give toward the ROCaR charity by adding it to the calendar account. Last year this was £75. This will be up to individuals as to how they want to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mower man

Duncan,

I've yet to find a campsite at Le Mans that has adequte showers and loos, it just adds to the general sense of community spirit all smelling the same :huh: :D

Eric

[/quote

Hi re camp sites @ Le Mans try to get on Camping Houx it's abit dearer but serviced showers,toilets etc it's central and has at least one bar .Would advise trying to get a booking form for next year while you are there from MOWER MAN

Guest chris brown
Thanks Chris,

How do you want the monies delivered?

Will Soneleigh be OK? Cash or Cheque?

Hi Steve

Cash or cheque at Stonleigh will do

Hi re camp sites @ Le Mans try to get on Camping Houx it's abit dearer but serviced showers,toilets etc it's central and has at least one bar .Would advise trying to get a booking form for next year while you are there from MOWER MAN

Its too late booking while your there you must book by the first Monday in June to have a chance of getting one of your choices. I met a guy the other week who has been there for the last 20 + years normally booking for 10 -15 pitches and having been on Houx for the last 5 years they thought they’d made it only to find that this year they are on Beausejuor. Not happy chappies.

Thanks for sorting the tickets Chris, job well done.

the toilets and showers on beausejour last year weren't too bad, especially that block just behind the ticket booth as you entered, that people couldn't be bothered to walk the extra 400 yards to.

I was particularly impressed with the night cleaners, although I think one guy got a bit of a shock.

He'd just got his turn to go and make a deposit at the Royal Bank of Pooh when, just after he'd settled onto the still warm seat - yes there were seats, along came 'Pepe le Phew' the french toilet cleaner.

He unlocked the door to the cubicle, entered with his pressure washer, cleaned all round the cubicle, squeegee'd the floor and locked the depositee back in again.

you can just picture him sat there lifting his feet as you used to do when your mum was vacuuming, but with one hand covering the family jewels.

Steve