Oil Grade

gomatthome

Guest chris brown
Hi i know i have been told before so forgive me for asking again. whats the best grade of oil to use on a high milage pinto 2l injection 205block.

phil

Most will tell you 20/50 but providing the oil pressure is good and she isn’t using much go for a good 10/40 which is much easier to find. Mine has been re ringed and had new shells when I built the car but the bores are standard as is the crank but then its only done 180K and still only uses about 1/2 pint of oil between changes (about 3K between changes, oil is cheap on the bosses day off :yahoo: )

nice thick stuff, dont be tempted with new expensive semi or fully synthetic, they dont need it

i use duckhams hypergrade,20/50 used to be green but they have taken the dye out???

bought a case at Newark and thought i had been sold some cheap copy, but a quick call to Duckhams and they reassured me the dye has been removed from its products, cost or environmental reasons i don't know

Mitch