North West Area Run Out

steve in stockport

Guest shaggy

Excellent run out Steve, hope the next time we have better weather and can finish the run into Yorkshire.

By the way, little bone to pick, next time you say "good day out with no break downs", just wait until we all get safely as 5 mins after that my front mudguard had an argument with the tyre - hence the reason I stopped - but in true hoodie fashion, you guys deserted the scene without a second glance. Did a quick fix with a hammer, piece of string and bungy cord I had in the boot and I was on my way.

Now I really need to do a more permanent fix on the cycle bracket. It got me home OK and may probably last another 5000 miles, but it just looks a mess :D

Si

Another big thanks to Steve for the organisation (if that’s the right word!) yesterday, and all the others for making it such a good run out. I was so glad I spent every night last week and most of Saturday putting the hood on! This was my first run out with the club and I wasn’t sure what to expect, and while the ‘not suitable for motors’ lane did it’s best to remove all that carefully fabricated metalwork underneath the car, there were some cracking roads later on. It makes all those winter days and nights working in the garage seem more worthwhile (to me if not Mrs Jones), and I’m chuffed that the car didn’t let me down. Glad I fitted a CB as well (even if I could only hear it below 2000rpm!). I even managed to get an almost clear run at the cat and fiddle on the way back which was excellent. Sorry to hear about Simon’s problem on the way back, glad you got it sorted though. Now I really need to clean the car…… Brian

Hi Brian,

Glad you enjoyed the run, apart from the weather it wasnt too bad, (and ive been in worst weather)that mean you will be up for a few more soon then?

It was one of those days when you think no one will attend only to find 6 silly buggers sat there waiting ready to go, (and four more on there way after being told its clear blue skies here)

re hearing the cb, you need an ear piece only 2-3quid from CPC in Preston (nr dvla office) or a little more from maplins that way you will here all the name calling and banter at higher speeds too, and there was quite a bit when we hit the mud and later the rain,as long as no one sits on the mic and blasts you with static noise its okay.

Mitch

Guest Paul Morgan

Good run despite the weather and sump munching roads, thanks for planning it Steve. Spent 2 hrs tonight trying to clean the dried horse muck off the rear arches. :bad: Seem to spend as much time cleaning it off as I do driving through it in the first place. May put a cleaner job advert in the wanted section.

Sorry Si, didn't see you stop (couldn't see backwards as my side screens were across the back of the car inside the hood). At least you got going again, I seem to remember you saying they were on their way out on the way to Newark.

Paul