Zimmerides And 1.9 Springs

Jez Morton

I have a 2b plus and had an issue with the "plough" scrapping the floor, looking at some threads here a few people have replaced the springs so I've brought some new 350lb 1.9" springs. The problem I have is the springs wont go on the zimmers, looking at the zimmers the sleeve that goes over the shock to hold the spring bulges out at the top so the last 1/2" wont got through. Has anyone else had this issue and how have you overcome the issue, I've tried whacking them into shape, squashing them in the vice but no improvement. The only thing left I can think is to file the bulge down but this may weaken them. What do you think.

Jez

hi zez

i was of the opinion that the zimmers had 2.25 springs?

may be wrong.

so beating up the 1.9 s ant gona do it

regards graham.

i have several sets of 2.25 springs here .

pm me if you need them

regards graham

You are right . The Zimmers use a non standard size spring. RHE seemed to fit different strengths at different times ( all green).

Ditch the Zimmers before the eyes break off and the rubber perishes or squishes out the sides and get some proper dampers, you wont regret it.

Graham

I know should buy new ones, Rally Design can do a pair £130ish but I've got to convince the misses. She still thinks its a comprehensive kit with all good parts and I don't need to buy or change anything. Anyhow the tax is out at the end of the month so I just need to get the springs on for the next nine days then its laid up for the winter. (mmm christmas soon, dear santa I been a good boy and really would like some......).

Jez