Sva Middle Mirror

Snapperpaul

Guest Ian & Carole

Yep

Like Rich says re use the sierra one if you still have it stuck to the top edge of the windscreen.

Then when "tinkeritis " sets in do what you want. :rolleyes:

If you haven't got it still then pm me I still have the ford one.

Ian J

this may or may not help but here it is.

my tester tried to use the centre mirror to see a particular point and couldnt cos it was to low however the nearside mirror could see it so it didnt matter.

i was using a mirror from europa and had to edge trim the edges, and to keep it sva friendly hid it behind a wind deflector.so i guess larger side mirrors could help.

regards graham

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarrylWebb

I'm planning a visit to SVA with only a wind deflector also. I've used the Sierra mirror, upside down, fitted to a small piece of angle aluminium fitted to the rear edge of the scuttle. The SVA manual I have says that if the view is not ideal from the centre mirror, then a nearside mirror is required to obtain the correct field of vision.

Guest Dee Jay
I'm planning a visit to SVA with only a wind deflector also. I've used the Sierra mirror, upside down, fitted to a small piece of angle aluminium fitted to the rear edge of the scuttle. The SVA manual I have says that if the view is not ideal from the centre mirror, then a nearside mirror is required to obtain the correct field of vision.

I did a similar thing with my old Sierra mirror upside down cut the stalk and attached it to a ally bar on a base fitted to scuttle all went though SVA fine

Dave

Guest outtolunch

Although I dont need to sva mine it all having been done a long time ago I recently brought a suction cup mirror for when going camping as all the equipment stacked in the back tends to obscure the rear view from a dash mounted mirror.

Guest shamrockgs

Mine went straight through at Glasgow with a suction cup mirror from Halfords - they are emarked, radiussed, come in a couple of sizes and cost less than a tenner - Sorted!

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
Mine went straight through at Glasgow with a suction cup mirror from Halfords - they are emarked, radiussed, come in a couple of sizes and cost less than a tenner - Sorted!

Gary

i used the sierra mirror mounted upside down onto a piece of wood. The wood was then attached via screws through the holes in the bonnet meant for the demisters. This has the added benifit of stiffening up the bonet when you have no screen attached. Edges of wood just rounded off easy!

After SVA just took off and put on the screen. Nb handed over my piece of wood with mirror to another Hoodie who used to get his through SVA.

All you need is the mirror to be fitted dont matter how much you can see (but it can't vibrate). Main thing is that you have side mirrors fitted with the correct line of sight. Mine failed using the RH supplied ones so when retested used motorcycle ones with extended arms which passed fine.

Guest mastarforth

my examiner said that the middle mirror was next to useless with the Cobra seat I have fittes, so tole me to make sure I had enough Vision through the side mirrors and it would not be required.