Painted Zero 7 Chassis!

Guest scottie686

Guest scottie686

Picked up my Zero 7 chassis sat!! Went out in the demo car (as shown on the GBS site, very imoressive. So i thought i'd post a pic of my painted chassis after a full day of work sunday!! Preping, primer, and a two paint time!! Fitted the LSD today and it was a very tight squeaze!! But it's in and it's staying there!!

CIMG1190.jpg

Guest Dee Jay
Picked up my Zero 7 chassis sat!! Went out in the demo car (as shown on the GBS site, very imoressive. So i thought i'd post a pic of my painted chassis after a full day of work sunday!! Preping, primer, and a two paint time!! Fitted the LSD today and it was a very tight squeaze!! But it's in and it's staying there!!

CIMG1190.jpg

Looks smart!, is it mild steel or stainless? when you hoping to have it on the road?

Dave

Guest scottie686

Thanks!! It's mild steel but the panels are ally. I want to take my time with it so no real completion date set.

Reply to Nigel,

You're not wrong about the headache! Been working on it all day and have sore eyes tonight!!!!!! I'm not planning to have a passenger seat (hence the bar!!) but was thinking of doing something different, and after speaking with the SVA fella's at Gillingham and Chelmsford and they saying it OK, providing i have heat mat in place, is to run the exhaust in the passenger footwell and have the tailpipe only poking out the side of the car. I have quite a mix of reaction from people when i explain the idea! I'm looking for that clean cut look as i'm hoping to track the car.

I'd be interested in what people think of the exhaust idea. My main challenge is going to be the exhaust manifold!!!

By the way, nice artwork Nigel!!

Looks smart!, is it mild steel or stainless? when you hoping to have it on the road?

Dave

Guest Takumi

Atleast GBS have seen sense and gone back the Chapman's Locost chassis, albeit with a strech here and there.. and the addition of a IRS rear end frame.

Tried, Tested, a real winner for GBS now.! good luck.

Any thoughts for a power plant.? BEC?

I like the idea of a big roarty exhaust hole just in front of the rear wheel, just make sure the wheel arch is fire proof.

As you will have a lot of room in the now redundant passenger bay you could line it with high density foil backed foam board as used in concrete floor insulation then cover that in heatmat.

You may still need to vent the heat somehow.

Guest Alex Spratt

why not have the exhaust in the engine bay like some of the locosts have?! this would then free u some room in the passanger footwell for the battery and possible the fuel tank.

just an idea!

al

Guest scottie686

I'm thinking i might start posting some progress photo's to share, starting with this one below of the rear wishbones.

Scott.

CIMG1191.jpg

its realy great to see a new generation of hood being built .

the preportions are brill the construnction looks strong.

cant realy go wrong.

regards graham

Guest scottie686

Fitted the driveshafts, hubs and carriers with new bearings (and i couldn't believe how expensive a bearing kit is!! £35 a side!!!) today. A little fiddley, and a few minor mods/hole realignments needed, but all on!! And i've a sore back this evening!!!

CIMG1193.jpg

CIMG1194.jpg

Scott.

More pics would be great :)