Toyota 4age Engine + Other Mk1 Mr2 Parts

Guest ANDY-C

Hi all,

My farther in law bought a MK1 TOYOTA 4AGE 1600cc 16v engine last year with the intention of upgrading the crossflow engine in his sylvia striker - but he discovered that he has an early striker chassis which would require modification to fit the engine and 5 speed sierra box so he has decided to just stick with the crossflow. So he now wants to move the Toyota engine on - he was told that the engine had done circa 90k when he bought it and it had run very well. In addition to the engine there are numerous other parts which i beleive include injection manifold,ecu, fwd gearbox, brake calipers and some other sundries. I'm not sure if there is a starter motor and alternator but if anyone is interested you can pm me and i'll find out exactly whats there. He's looking for around £110 for the lot.

If anyone was interested in putting the engine in a Hood i believe that RAW engineering can supply all the parts to complete a rear wheel drive installation.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Nat,

The engine was out of a 1986 MK1 MR2 I think - so yes its the same engine as in your 'C' reg.

If you were contemplating having the engine as a spare i could have a word with my farther in law and i'm sure we could sort out some sort of delivery (if you were struggling) as you're not to far away and he has a small trailer in which the engine and other bits and pieces would fit.

Cheers

Andy