Metro Engined Rh Off Ebay

Guest mini23

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Paul

Is this the same car or have we got two metro turbo Robin Hood members ? :mellow:

Ian J.

hello their i cant seem to find any thing on here like what i am doing but i will try to explain i have a robin hood kit car unsure exactly which one it is but i have fitted a reconed metro turbo engine in the rear of mine leaving the front empty for the radiator and fuel tank and regulations but just wanted to know if there were any regulations on where you can mount a fuel tank as near the front there are brakelines and coolant pipes around it

lewis

Guest chris brown
unlikely to find anything similar for a roll over hoop, but post more pics!!!! I for one am really interested, and i'm sure there are many others.

There are me for one I liked the concept when Richard first did it but felt he went for the wrong power plant but I could see what he was after - single donor plus kit = car - but with a modern power unit in the back i.e. Honda, Toyota or VW. As for gear linkage it is always going to be awkward but not insurmountable, it’s a case of playing around with pull/push rods or cables. The Honda being the easiest IMHO as the gear change is already pull/push cables which will just need extending.

Unfortunately in choosing the Mini/Metro Richard went for one of the most difficult ones. I once saw a cleaver system using a rod and link for across the gate and a pull/push cable for selection but don’t know how reliable it was.

In answer to your question Ian J, You don't have two members as I bought the car from a guy called lewis.

He says he's only owned it for several months and bought it as a project, but realised it was to involved so has now sold it on.

Theres many parts on the car that i'd like to tidy up, it is a very simple setup and really is a case of take a donor metro and use all the running gear from it. It even has 2 stearing racks 1 in the rear!!

That has to go and be replaced with rose jointed arms, it just looks so daft sat there. I'm also in two minds wether to replace the subframe, its a bit limited with the hydro suspension.

Also the vented discs and 4 pot calipers have been kept up front with the drive shaft holes blanked off and drum brakes fitted to the rear.

I'm sure additional braking will be required with all that rear end weight.

I've attached some more pictures.

post-2813-1194893768_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1194893778_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1194893786_thumb.jpg