Metro Engined Rh Off Ebay

Guest mini23

I'm just about to become a Robin Hood owner for the first time!

I've just bought one from e-bay with a rear mounted metro turbo engine.

From what information i've found so far is that only a few of these models were made, more of a prototype.

Is this correct and are there any other users out there who can share there experiance of the car and the type of drive, advantages/disadvantages to the convential front engine rear wheel drive?

I currently run a supercharged a series mini, with 150bhp and 200+ on gas and once through the sva plan on using this engine for trackday or hillclimb depending on the handling.

On that subject does any one know if the car i'm purchasing has metro running gear on the rear and also what is the front running gear?

Hopefully i'll go to a meet next spring summer and introduce myself in person.

yep that car was one of only a couple made, i heard they have problems with the gear lever linkage, so if you can get that sorted all will be good! I don't think there's much info about it, so post up any specific problems you have and perhaps a photo of the front end setup if you want that identifying

Guest TerryBarry

My thoughts of those pictures

Custom upper and lower wishbones.

Twin hydraulic flexibles ( just like a Metro)

The steering arms on a Metro swivel hub are above and behind the axle centre line - these are below and in front.

I'm sure I've seen those swivel hubs before - maybe on a Rear Wheel Drive car (Ford or Vauxhall)

Other than that I've no real idea of the origin :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replys, any information is gratiously recieved.

I'll aim to get to a meet as soon as possible, not in the car as it will probably take till early next year to be registered, sva etc. But at least I can have a look at other cars and gain some knowledge about the kits.

I live in milford haven, Pembrokeshire

I commute each week to Southampton.

I was thinking of asking the Southern club if I could attent there meeting as they are having one next week.

Guest Jonny Norn Iron

Good luck with it - its certainly rare. I remember it fairly well as I was going to buy the kit. I think around 1998??

I wish I could remember what it was called .... the RH100 or such like?

I had placed an order - waited a few weeks and then had my deposit returned with a letter from Richard saying they had decided not to go ahead with it. Not sure its the only one, but definitely fingers of one hand.

Jonny

I'm up for a challenge.

Picked it up this morning and all looks as good as I expected.

Nothing on the mechanics to worry about it all looks very straight forward.

The SVA test is the only unknown to me so I need to do a bit of homework there.

This car is not fitted with a rollover bar, not one thats higher than the low back seats anyway, I don't know if the one thats fitted is interchangeable, i'll have to investigate.