Shiner!

Guest EXC_Racer

Guest EXC_Racer

Guys

What method/polish do you use to get a really decent shine from the 2B stainless bodywork. Mine is a little dulled and I understand that mildly abbrasive cleaners such as Solvol are a no-no.

Thanks

Alex

Guest chris brown
Guys

What method/polish do you use to get a really decent shine from the 2B stainless bodywork. Mine is a little dulled and I understand that mildly abbrasive cleaners such as Solvol are a no-no.

Thanks

Alex

Cheap glass cleaner is as good as anything

hi

Quote ,"How about Johnsons baby oil, smear on, leave for half an hour, then wipe off " :wub:

Too much information :rolleyes:

The problem with baby oil is that dust in the air will stick to any residue of oil.

Agree with Sir Chris on the cheap glass cleaner, a tried and tested method.

Swan

Guest EXC_Racer
hi

Quote ,"How about Johnsons baby oil, smear on, leave for half an hour, then wipe off " :wub:

Too much information :rolleyes:

The problem with baby oil is that dust in the air will stick to any residue of oil.

Agree with Sir Chris on the cheap glass cleaner, a tried and tested method.

Swan

Yes, definitely a bit nervous about the baby oil!!!!!

I have tried with glass cleaner, but the results were not too impressive. Perhaps it is down to cleaning method and types of cloth?

Alex

Guest allenr03

I've used glass cleaner and although it looks clean it is dulled. I did an inconspicuos spot (the bonnet!) on the body work with solvol autosol and it looks the dogs doodars! It hasn't scratched the panel at all and it has NEVER looked as good'm going to do the whole car.

I used a clean, soft cloth and not much pressure. I'm doing it all on Thursday so if I bugger up the body work I'll let you know!

"I have tried with glass cleaner, but the results were not too impressive. Perhaps it is down to cleaning method and types of cloth."

I use glass cleaner from an aerosol with tissue paper.Works a treat.

Andy

:unknw: Hi all, I want to go the other way; finish the stainless with a brushed look so its not mirror finish; hopefully to hide the inherited & self-inflicted scratches & minor dings like where the side panels didn't quite curve as intended. Will Autosol do this-- is it a heavy cutting polish? Regards Bob.

:unknw: Hi all, I want to go the other way; finish the stainless with a brushed look so its not mirror finish; hopefully to hide the inherited & self-inflicted scratches & minor dings like where the side panels didn't quite curve as intended. Will Autosol do this-- is it a heavy cutting polish? Regards Bob.

If you want a brushed look, try using "Scotshbright" comes in different grades, we use it to blend welds in stainless steel and to give the metal a grain, you have to go in one direction, lot of elbow grease needed for you car. :D