Indicator Lights

gomatthome

Am in the process of rebuilding dash and replacing ols sierra cluster to individual dials and warning lights. Have used only one indicator light as per cluster but have found that with both the os and ns indicatos feeds attached to same warning light that both ns and of indicators all come on at same time. Do i need to wire in diodes in series with both feeds if so waht rating etc. has anyone any suggestions diags i can follow.

Same issue with the ignition warning light vg loom shows brown yellow wire as ignition warning light - where do i get power from? again any suggestions.

once have the warning lights all working will be moving onto main instruments so there might be more questions to come.

phil

Indicator warning lamp. Two reasonable choices. Use one lamp. Connect one contact of the lamp to left indicator circuit. Connect other contact of lamp to right indicator circuit. Don't connect a lead from right and left to same contact on lamp. Trust me this works. No I'm not going to explain. Doesn't flash for hazards.

Alternative is to use two indicator lamps and connect one to each indicator circuit and to an earth. This works and repeats for hazards. Faffing with diodes is practical if you want to fit one in each feed from right and left circuits and connect to one pole of a lamp, earthing the other contact on the lamp. Bit messy behind the dash but works and OK for hazards.

Ignition warning lamp does just fine with any ignition live supply to one contact and alternator connection (L or 61) to the other. Ignition live in VG loom is white.

Nigel